1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed that the screen will turn on brightly for a few seconds, and then automatically dim down a bit.

Meanwhile, you're still actively tapping the screen.

Adjusting the brightness to full still looks dim. Turning the screen off for a few seconds and then back on will start out brightly or maybe it'll still be dim. Even the little LED bar dims down on par with the screen.

Then, maybe it'll brighten up randomly while it's in use. Is this normal?
    If you install Preware, you can download a patch that removes this annoying 'feature'
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    There is a homebrew patch to turn off the automatic brightness adjustment available through Preware.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    Yes, it has a light sensor that adjusts the screen brightness according to how much or how little light is around you.
    On the Pre- this feature worked well and only brightened the screen in really direct sunlight. On the Pre3 it goes up an down for no apparent reason at random intervals. I installed the patch yesterday to disable it and it has been fine since
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I would like this patch. How do you search within preware? I don't see the little magnifying glass like I do with the Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Just start typing on the opening screen. It's called Disable Light Sensitive Dimming.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I know this is likely not the right place for this, but I tried this patch on my pre2 after installing 2.2.4, and it doesn't seem to have made any difference at all.. my screen keeps getting dim and then bright again whether or not the ambient lighting has changed. I did not notice this "feature" with 2.1.0 very much at all, but with the update it is happening a LOT.

I don't know if the reason it doesn't work is because this is a pre2 and not a pre3, or because the patch was written for 2.2.3, and I have 2.2.4. Does anyone know which is more likely to be the cause?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    The patch has not yet been updated to work with 2.2.4 for the Pre 3 yet. Hopefully it will be soon.
    The dimming feature on my Pre 3 is much improved after the 2.2.4 update, much more tolerable now.