1.    #1  
    My Pre 3 will be arriving soon and I will use Impostah to ensure access to the paid app catalog. I live in Sweden so I need some advice to decide for which country I should set it up - UK or Germany?

Are there any useful apps in the German app catalog, that I won't find in UK one and vice versa? Having a Wirecard as MasterCard, which is Germany, I may be somewhat cheaper to shop from the German app catalog. I don't know if there is a signficant difference between the two.

What is your advice?

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoqv View Post
    My Pre 3 will be arriving soon and I will use Impostah to ensure access to the paid app catalog. I live in Sweden so I need some advice to decide for which country I should set it up - UK or Germany?

Are there any useful apps in the German app catalog, that I won't find in UK one and vice versa? Having a Wirecard as MasterCard, which is Germany, I may be somewhat cheaper to shop from the German app catalog. I don't know if there is a signficant difference between the two.

What is your advice?

Thank you!
    According to this:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...log-us-uk.html

and this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-impostah.html

you can pick either UK or DE App Catalog.
    You can buy with UE Credit Card/Debit Card (Wirecard AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK)$in$ $UK$ $AC$ ($same$ $with$ $DE$ $AC$ $I$ $assume$).

I don't know if there is any significant difference betwine the two, but I've chosen UK instead DE.

Your choise may be between more or less strickt policy of app submission, but I don't know what legal policy is in UK nor in Germany.

Since bothe UK and Germany are official "supported" country (Pre3 official lounched in UK and in Germany)you have to manage it yourself.

Have you another webOS device?
    I think Impostash allow to switch between country of your choice (I'm not sure, but I think if you follow second link you'll find out is this possible).

Happy using your Pre3!

-pretoo-
    No Impostah doesn't help you change the App Catalog country, once activated. The only way people have been able to do that so far, is to use a Touchpad linked to the same webOS profile and select a different App Catalog country in the Touchpad. This in turn changes the App Catalog country for the phone too.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the input. I chose the UK as I have it working with my Wirecard on my Pre2.