Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    So I just picked up and unlocked 3 HP Pre 3s and I must say, I'm SUPER impressed. I am not a GSM user (Yet...) so I have only had this on my wifi to play around with it, but HOLY COW!!! Maps are instant, the slider is incredible and it feels much better overall than the old phones. I thought I was going to sell all three...

...and then I heard something about T Mobile. Does anyone know the details of the T Mobile and Walmart plan? It says it has unlimited data (Slower after 5GB) and texts and 100 minutes of phone service. And it's not a contract.

Has anyone checked up on this? It seems perfect because it's what I am paying now for my Sprint line on a family plan, and with skype integration it seems like I wouldn't need any minutes. Thoughts?

Also, I'm using the Frankenpre 2, so would it be worth switching carriers to T Mobile to be able to use this device and instead of try to make money on the deal, just sell the phones for enough (Does anyone know what they go for in the wild? Does 250 seem fair?) for the first two to pay for my 3rd pre? So many decisions that I don't want to make on my own!
    Sapient2k7 and Vistaus like this.
    with tmobile you will only have access to their EDGE data network.
  3.    #3  
    So if I want to use 4G I have to get AT&T? No other options?
    yep
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yep
    Is there anything AT&T offers that is like this T Mobile Plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Not even just 4G, if you want to get 3G you need AT&T. EDGE is not considered 3G and you'd get around 200kbps.

There are other options, namely AT&T MVNOs, but those are throttled. For best service, you'd have to get AT&T.
    I encourage you to checkout H2O, which uses AT&T towers. I got the everything unlimited for $60 month with no contract, it is 3g data, but somehow I am getting h+.

screenshot.jpg
    Last edited by RoverNole; 10/07/2011 at 12:17 AM.
    actually I find the T-Mobile EDGE data to be reasonably fast. yes, not as fast as EVDO on Verizon, but good enough. If you do consider t-mobile on the pre3, the $50 plan gives you exactly what the $70 plan does (since the Pre3 gets only EDGE data anyway, both unlimited plans are equal).
    maleoutkast likes this.
    If edge speeds are acceptable I think the simple mobile 40 bucks unlimited plan is the best one.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I have h2o.....its plenty fast and I get H+ symbol. 50 buck plan no tax or fees.
    Or you can move up to Canada, then you have 3 carriers and a variety of their brands you can choose from, all colluded and overpriced.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    I have h2o.....its plenty fast and I get H+ symbol. 50 buck plan no tax or fees.
    Is there any special setup to enable the H+? I noticed in some other threads http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-3/300670-4g-faux-gee-your-pre-3-t.html and here http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-3/302371-i-love-my-pre-3-but-i-dont-love-att-help-2.html posts by you to set this up. If I pick up an H2O SIM and set it up like this, the only time I need to enter a store is for the SIM card & the rest of the setup is online? Can I port my old Sprint # over remotely too? This sounds too good to be true!
    if you use good2go or H2O no special setup for H+ other than setting up your prepaid acct first. AT&T provisions their postpaid H+ accts but it is a simple phone call to get it done. No cost involved.

Personally, I think the provisioning aspect is so Pre-Paid go-phone accounts can be kept off of the HSPA + network. That's just my opinion, not any position of the company.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Q: if I have the EU pre 3; will my phone do 3G on H2O?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbasrawi View Post
    Q: if I have the EU pre 3; will my phone do 3G on H2O?
    H20 = AT&T so UMTS 850/1900. Euro Pre 3 is 900/1900/2100, so answer is partial. You'll get sucky 3G reception if you're indoors and won't get any in rural areas.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    H20 = AT&T so UMTS 850/1900. Euro Pre 3 is 900/1900/2100, so answer is partial. You'll get sucky 3G reception if you're indoors and won't get any in rural areas.
    Thanks!
  17.    #17  
    Is anyone considering signing/Has anyone already signed up for the AT&T data only plan and used skype as a phone service? Are there any other options? That is in the same price range.
    Simple mobile is tmobile 3g which will be effort for pre3 since it lacks tmobile bands. It is $40 per month.

Tmobile plan for Walmart is $30 per month for 100 min and unlmited text and data. Starting oct 16

H2o plan is $60 per month for unlinited throttled data.

To my knowledge att does not offer a data only I.e. tablet plans for phones. If they did it would be best at $25 for 2gig plus wifi access. Google voice for text and skype for calls you will be set with $30 per month.
    kill_dano likes this.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    Simple mobile is tmobile 3g which will be effort for pre3 since it lacks tmobile bands. It is $40 per month.

Tmobile plan for Walmart is $30 per month for 100 min and unlmited text and data. Starting oct 16

H2o plan is $60 per month for unlinited throttled data.

To my knowledge att does not offer a data only I.e. tablet plans for phones. If they did it would be best at $25 for 2gig plus wifi access. Google voice for text and skype for calls you will be set with $30 per month.
    I don't want to do T Mobile because the reason I'm going to switch is that I want a speed upgrade. I did some research and 2gb is approx 2000 talk minutes. Has anyone used skype to do calls on the pre 3? I have heard mixed reviews.
    I don't want to do T Mobile because the reason I'm going to switch is that I want a speed upgrade. I did some research and 2gb is approx 2000 talk minutes. Has anyone used skype to do calls on the pre 3? I have heard mixed reviews.
    If you can PM me your number, I can give you a call (as long as you are in US OR Canada :-) )and you can see for yourself how it works.

Edit: should have checked your location I can definitely call Minnesota
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast