Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
    Great article, thanks for linking it.

It looks like this change could happen any time in the next year or so. I had been thinking I might switch to AT&T or one of their MVNO's, but I think I'm going to see how this pans out now.
    I do have a sidenote. I previously stated here that the Pre 3 works fine on T-Mobile Netherlands. It's still true and internet speeds are amazingly fast compared to the slow Vodafone. But I do notice that since the switch the Pre 3 drains like crazy horsemen. It's usually dead within 6 hours when previously on Vodafone it lasted 1,5 day (with light use). I've tested it with lots of apps running and with none at all. Both only 6 hours on T-Mob. That's the only bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    I do have a sidenote. I previously stated here that the Pre 3 works fine on T-Mobile Netherlands. It's still true and internet speeds are amazingly fast compared to the slow Vodafone. But I do notice that since the switch the Pre 3 drains like crazy horsemen. It's usually dead within 6 hours when previously on Vodafone it lasted 1,5 day (with light use). I've tested it with lots of apps running and with none at all. Both only 6 hours on T-Mob. That's the only bummer.
    I'm not surprised. Even with wifi, heavy-duty internet use eats up the charge (lots of flash, for example). Are you using Uberkernel?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    It is happening to me on my Pre 3. It lasted a day or two on EDGE (T Mo) now its 6 hours max.
    I'm getting 3G on T-Mobile !!!

After installing the UICC Sim card I requested from T-Mobile, they provisioned me and the next day, while in western Nassau County, NY, I saw my Pre 3 show the "G" sign next to the signal icon!!! (eastern Nassau County is more spotty, and 2G is prevalant when Im without wifi - I intend to take a trip into Queens and Manhattan soon to test the speeds there).

Accessing the internet was pretty fast - not like WiFi, but definitely better than EDGE (2G) - YouTube worked like a charm!.

So, if you are on T-Mobile, and have a Pre 3, or are thinking of Moving to T-Mobile, call them to find out when their 3G/HSDPA+ bands (1900) will be available in your city - they are rolling them out quickly this year.

Battery life does suffer a bit, but, this is as with most smartphones.. I'd say a 10% faster draw; I bought the standard extended Mugen battery in December, so, I can get a pretty good day of use out of it.

Just FYI!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    I'm getting 3G on T-Mobile !!!

After installing the UICC Sim card I requested from T-Mobile, they provisioned me and the next day, while in western Nassau County, NY, I saw my Pre 3 show the "G" sign next to the signal icon!!! (eastern Nassau County is more spotty, and 2G is prevalant when Im without wifi - I intend to take a trip into Queens and Manhattan soon to test the speeds there).

Accessing the internet was pretty fast - not like WiFi, but definitely better than EDGE (2G) - YouTube worked like a charm!.

So, if you are on T-Mobile, and have a Pre 3, or are thinking of Moving to T-Mobile, call them to find out when their 3G/HSDPA+ bands (1900) will be available in your city - they are rolling them out quickly this year.

Battery life does suffer a bit, but, this is as with most smartphones.. I'd say a 10% faster draw; I bought the standard extended Mugen battery in December, so, I can get a pretty good day of use out of it.

Just FYI!
    Too late for me, I switched to Straighttalk.
    How is the battery life with the original battery ? I have a suspicion that my original battery capacity was dropped to half. The Dr.Battery app says that. However I find the wifi killing the battery more than the cellular connection.
    Can you tell if your Pre3 lasts for 8 hours on a 3G connection ? ( with the stock battery)
    gbp;

I havent gone a full day on 3G/4G yet, so that isnt information I have - also, I havent put the old standard Pre 3 battery into the Pre 3 since I recieved the Mugen extended battery (a great buy, IMO).

I have observed that battery drain is affected by whatever kernal you have installed.. Im currently trying to figure out which preset in govnah works best for battery endurance, now that I do have 3G capacity, that will automatically turn on and search when a familiar wifi connection is not vailable.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123