Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I put H20 sim card on the veer. I wonder if I unlock the veer whether that H20 card will still be able to be used, I thought I read of at least 1 case with another phone where the person could no longer use their h20 sim card after it was unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I encourage you to checkout H2O, which uses AT&T towers. I got the everything unlimited for $60 month with no contract, it is 3g data, but somehow I am getting h+.

Attachment 61312
    What does the "H" stands for or you getting 3G.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankysly21 View Post
    What does the "H" stands for or you getting 3G.
    How did you set up the pre 3 on there network.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Keep in mind that H2O recently updated (decreased) their data usage if you're a big data user. Their $60/mo 'Unlimited' plan includes 2GB (from 3). The good news is there's no going over. The bad news is there's no courtesy warning email that you're close. It just shuts off.

Not a bad value for the price, but I'm a heavy data user and I'm nowhere near free hotspots.
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Is anyone considering signing/Has anyone already signed up for the AT&T data only plan and used skype as a phone service? Are there any other options? That is in the same price range.
    The only data only plan I was able to get on with a pre 3 was a 5gb for $60 plan. I never got an H+ icon. The data speed was spotty. Sometimes blazing fast, sometimes sprint speed. Skype would only barely work from time to time. All callers would report that they can barley hear me or I'm breaking up.

I'm on H2o now. Data speeds will now blow your socks off, but it gets the job done.
    I'm going to get a pre 3 but my question is which is best to get for the tmobile network since either phone will only give you edge data(which is fine with me anyway) not sure to get the at&t 16gb one or the unlocked uk 8gb one.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
    I'm going to get a pre 3 but my question is which is best to get for the tmobile network...
    I'm using an unlocked 16GB AT&T Pre 3 on T-Mobile and it works well. I've not had any problem at all.

Regards,

CyNZ
    I'm in the same boat currently, 2G (EDGE) speeds on T-Mobile with an AT&T Pre3.

The slowness is FRUSTRATING. Accessing maps is a total drag. Web browsing is a test in patience.

I'll be looking into H2O and Good2Go. If those are not options I'll probably end up biting the bullet and getting an AT&T postpaid account.

My $0.02.
    Well since I'll have wifi at my home, my office and gym. Than maybe I can "live" with edge data speeds. Since I'll be on wifi the 3 main places I'll be at. I mean the hardest choice for me is which phone to get unlocked uk one or at&t bloatware loaded one. Still trying to make up my mind. Cause I mean no matter which I'm still stuck on tmobile network since I signed a new contract.

@Realhotshot you could always meta doctor the AT&T with the vanilla script. I plan on doin this! Cannot wait for my Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by smackead View Post
    @Realhotshot you could always meta doctor the AT&T with the vanilla script. I plan on doin this! Cannot wait for my Pre3!
    What do you mean? I'm semi new to WebOS.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberNutZ View Post
    I'm using an unlocked 16GB AT&T Pre 3 on T-Mobile and it works well. I've not had any problem at all.

Regards,

CyNZ
    But do you get 3G or 4G data speeds?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I have my Pre3 unlocked and it works on T-Mobile, but you only get 2G speeds

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by JetUni View Post
    I have my Pre3 unlocked and it works on T-Mobile, but you only get 2G speeds

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I, too, have an unlocked Pre 3, and yesterday I got my new SIM card, (UICC) specifically for 3G and 4G speeds. A couple of days ago, I spoke to a second-level T-Mo tech support person, who told me that the Pre 3 would work fine with 4G with the new SIM and the right APN. I also changed my plan to include 5gb of 4G, and the APNs were provisioned this morning. It's supposed to take 2 hours. According to T-Mo, I'm in an area with good 4G coverage. I changed the APN, restarted the phone, but I'm still only on Edge.

I read elsewhere that ATT needs the phone IMEI to turn on 4G. But T-Mo did not ask me for it.

I thought I saw a patch or an app in Preware that allows you to turn 3G and 4G on and off, but of course, now I can't find it. Maybe it just needs to be turned on (ATT mught have a specfric protocol for this that T-Mo does not.)

Also, on my Pixi+, I used to be able to access Flickr, and click on the thumbnail to get a bigger (higher resolution) image. But on the Pre 3, when I try to get the larger image, it just tells me "loading" and then I get a "page not found" message. Any known fix for this?

Shneor
    Shneor
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I, too, have an unlocked Pre 3, and yesterday I got my new SIM card, (UICC) specifically for 3G and 4G speeds. A couple of days ago, I spoke to a second-level T-Mo tech support person, who told me that the Pre 3 would work fine with 4G with the new SIM and the right APN. I also changed my plan to include 5gb of 4G, and the APNs were provisioned this morning. It's supposed to take 2 hours. According to T-Mo, I'm in an area with good 4G coverage. I changed the APN, restarted the phone, but I'm still only on Edge.
    I don't understand why a UICC SIM card would or should give you 3g or 4g on TMobile with a Pre3. The Pre3 still doesn't have the 1700mhz radio band required for 3g/4g on TMobile. Unless something else has changed at T-Mobile, which I would be happy to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I don't understand why a UICC SIM card would or should give you 3g or 4g on TMobile with a Pre3. The Pre3 still doesn't have the 1700mhz radio band required for 3g/4g on TMobile. Unless something else has changed at T-Mobile, which I would be happy to hear.
    I thought T-Mobile was rolling out 1900 now. The tech support person seemed to think I could use the phone. In any case, the change will cost me a grand total of one cent per month...
    Shneor
    I thought T-Mobile was rolling out 1900 now. The tech support person seemed to think I could use the phone. In any case, the change will cost me a grand total of one cent per month...

Also, this from Wikipedia "The company (T-Mobile) owns licenses to operate a 1900 MHz GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) PCS (Personal Communications Service) digital cellular network and a 1700 MHz/2100 MHz UMTS AWS (Advanced Wireless Services) digital cellular network that cover areas of the continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. It provides coverage in areas in which it does not own radio frequency spectrum licenses via roaming agreements with other operators of compatible networks." The Pre 3 covers both the 1900mhz and 2100mhz bands. And this: "On February 23, 2012, during the Q4 Earnings Call, the future of the T-Mobile 4G upgrade path was laid out. LTE will be rolled out on the AWS spectrum, and HSPA+ will transition to the PCS band, in order to harmonize bands with other companies in the USA.[34]

So: 4G is transitioning to 1900mhz this year.
    Last edited by shneor; 03/18/2012 at 02:05 AM.
    Shneor
    In The Netherlands, T-Mobile works fine at full speed on the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    ... and HSPA+ will transition to the PCS band, in order to harmonize bands with other companies in the USA.
    Ah ha! That's what I wanted to hear. I wonder if my Pre3 will just start lighting up the 3g or H+ indicators automatically, or if I'll have to do something to make it work. My SIM is new, I'm sure it would work for 3g/4g in a regular t-mobile phone.
    Ah ha! That's what I wanted to hear. I wonder if my Pre3 will just start lighting up the 3g or H+ indicators automatically, or if I'll have to do something to make it work. My SIM is new, I'm sure it would work for 3g/4g in a regular t-mobile phone.
    Here's the URL of the detailed article on T-Mobile's conversion now going on. Page 2 is even more specific - for example, Iphones will also work on T-Mo, as well as Pres.
    T-Mobile announces LTE, prepares to take the US wireless market by storm | ExtremeTech
    Shneor
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast