Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By neit_jnf
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    HI, I have an ATT Pre3 (locked so far, although I do have unlock code). I have not gotten past the screen where it asks for SIM b/c well, I don't have a SIM yet.

Can I get around all that somehow? I have a Pre- right now on 1.4.5 and I'm not going to use this profile for Pre3... at least not yet. All I want to do for now is get to play with Pre3 so I don't have to stare at the SIM screen anymore. Thanks.
    Best way to do it on 2.x is go to the emergency call screen and do ##DEVMODE# on a CDMA phone, and I believe #*DEVMODE# on GSM.
    on the keyboard dial 911 so that the phone dialer pops up
    delete the 911
    dial #*3386633#
    hit send

turn on developer mode and reboot
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    ghwin likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    on the keyboard dial 911 so that the phone dialer pops up
    delete the 911
    dial #*3386633#
    hit send

turn on developer mode and reboot
    Actually when you press #* the dialer already shows. No need to accidentally call 911.
    Soorma likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Got it. Thank you. Not much you can do in activation-bypassed dev mode other than web browsing but at least I get to poke around now!
    I used demoed to get past initial activation, but then got a working sim and now cant log in to a palm account. Any way to change that??
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Doctor it
    get preware and install impostah so you can access your profile
  9. dwc
    easier than a doctor, cleaner than impostah, is to go to device info / reset options / erase apps & data. Does delete your data though, unlike impostah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    get preware and install impostah so you can access your profile
    I'm in a similar situation. Can I use Impostah on my simless Pre3 to load up my profile and apps while still maintaining my Pre(minus) as the main phone? I can't leave my family plan Sprint just yet.

Greg H.
    - Greg

My Palm Pre Evo Tree
    Pilot 5000 -> 1MB Upg -> Zire -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 4-yr abstinance -> Palm Pre!
    i would also like to know this
  12.    #12  
    Same situation here. My existing profile is 1.4.5.1. Would like to know.
    If you don't need any data on your pre 3, you can just do a 'Full Erase'. Once it's done, the system will prompt for the language again.

That is what I did to create a new profile after playing with the WiFi within the 'DEVMODE' environment.