1.    #1  
    hi - anyone know of any hard or rubber cases front/backs (not pouches) like you can get for the iPhone?

Thanks
    The slider means that the clip on cases you want probably aren't going to be made. The iPhone doesn't slide, so things can just clip around the corners, but the Pre3 does and the corners to the non-sliding part doesn't have any inset edges that we could pin anything on to.
    Nokia 1110 ---------> S-E J300i ---> HTC Touch ------> HTC Hero --------------> HP Pre 3

Quote Originally Posted by andyt95 View Post
    The slider means that the clip on cases you want probably aren't going to be made. The iPhone doesn't slide, so things can just clip around the corners, but the Pre3 does and the corners to the non-sliding part doesn't have any inset edges that we could pin anything on to.
    This isnt correct.

Previous Pre's all had skins and cases, including the one I used, which helped take the stress off of the keyboard sliding mechanism, adding durability to it:

Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus GRT Case Kit - Palm - Palm Pre - Palm Pre Plus - Verizon - AGF

I don't know if there will be enough of a market for the case manufacturers to do it, but, it is quite doable, on all fronts, physically.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    This isnt correct.

Previous Pre's all had skins and cases, including the one I used, which helped take the stress off of the keyboard sliding mechanism, adding durability to it:

Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus GRT Case Kit - Palm - Palm Pre - Palm Pre Plus - Verizon - AGF

I don't know if there will be enough of a market for the case manufacturers to do it, but, it is quite doable, on all fronts, physically.
    Oh I didn't know about cases which slide with the phone.... also I have noticed my phone doing the "sliding left to right" thing, is it that the Pre3's sliders just suck?
    Nokia 1110 ---------> S-E J300i ---> HTC Touch ------> HTC Hero --------------> HP Pre 3

Are there any pouches? Just one similar to the one the original pre came with would do me fine, just want a little bit of extra protection for my irriplacable phone. damn you HP
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I believe any pouch that the Apple iPhone 3gs fits should work here. Give it a try
    I've tried a lot of iphone 3 & 4 cases and mostly they are too tight. Pre 3 is deeper than iPhones due to the keyboard even if screen is the same. I found blackberry pouches are a better fit. Definitely something you want to try before buy.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    This isnt correct.

I think it was due to misreading the OP. There is a class of cases for the iPhone that does not exist for any Pre. This is the one piece that holds the phone around the corners and is not hard but soft silicone. That style case will not work with the slider based Pre or phones like it.

Hard plastic shell cases that either clip to the phone or to itself work well on the Pre/Pre Plus and Pre2. Finding a Pre3 case may be very difficult for all the reasons listed including economics.