Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Pre 3 has Uberkernel installed and when looking in Govnah max freq showing is 1.024Ghz (when looking in Advanced Settings -> CPU Frequency)

Its runnning firmware MU2.0.0.30(3500)

Is Model P130UNA

Hardware Version: D1

Not sure what is going on, would be good to know if its being limited by this

Any insights welcomed
    Last edited by tom.d.oliver; 10/06/2011 at 10:23 AM.
    You can change it.. thats what govnah is all about.

Use one of the default profiles, or go into the advanced section and change the max to 1.4, and then scroll to the bottom and save it as a new profile.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

3.    #3  
    Hi,

thanks for reply. The issue is that the highest it is showing is 1.024Ghz, i.e. I can't see 1.4Ghz

Have unistalled uberkernel and still have the same issue

Any ideas?

thanks
    tap profile
    tap Advanced Settings
    tap CPU Frequency
    Select your Min Freq and Max Freq
    scroll to bottom
    tap Apply Settings
    Tap Save as New Profile
    I wonder what is Hardware Version: D1. As long as I know usually Hardware version is A.
  6.    #6  
    adding a screenshot of govnah, showing i can only select up to 1.024Ghz in the advanced profiles

Does this have a different processor??
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    The hardware version of my pre 3 is D1

When looking in govnah->profile->advanced settings->cpu frequency the maximum selectable frequency is 1.024Ghz (not 1.4)

Screenshots of both these things attached

Pre 3 is running 2.2.3 which I installed with the ATT webos doctor (when I got it it was running EU version of 2.2.0, but wouldn't accept an EU doctor)

when trying to get doctor via hpwebos.com says its an invalid serial number

All very strange, any ideas what is going on?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <threads merged>
    where did you get your Pre3? Mine says hardware version "A"
  10.    #10  
    phone was originally (according to seller) from Carphone Warehouse

I bought it from him
    does that make it a UK phone?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Stuipd question, but you are running UberKernel, right?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    does that make it a UK phone?
    it should make it a uk phone - but only att webos doctor works - which would suggest it isn't

was running uberkernel when it was eu 2.2.0, not running uberkernel with att 2.2.3

Govnah gives same results either way round
    Incoming skype calls do not show who the caller is if they are in your contacts... just the phone number.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Govnah cannot overclock without uberkernel. You doctored an eu pre3 with art? Wow.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Govnah cannot overclock without uberkernel. You doctored an eu pre3 with art? Wow.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    hi,

but I am not trying to overclock, simply have the pre 3 run at normal speed i.e. 1.4Ghz

i really dont know if it is att or eu pre - it has always had att as carrier, but was otherwise unbranded

it was running an eu version of webos, but when trying to resolve this I thought it would be a good idea to start from scratch but only version of webos doctor it would accept was att.

Am thinking about using impersonation to go back to eu version

thanks
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Okay, I have both a UK and an AT&T pre3. Both are hardware version "A"
    I have to guess that hardware version "D1" is a demo phone circulated prior to the phone's release.

Since it came from the EU I would try doctoring back to 2.2 ROW. You didn't happen to write down all the details of the firmware you were running before, did you?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Okay, I have both a UK and an AT&T pre3. Both are hardware version "A"
    I have to guess that hardware version "D1" is a demo phone circulated prior to the phone's release.

Since it came from the EU I would try doctoring back to 2.2 ROW. You didn't happen to write down all the details of the firmware you were running before, did you?
    Thanks for all your help

firmware when i received the phone: MU2.0.0.30(3500)

ROW - what does this mean?

Does it possibly being a demo phone mean it might have a different processor, which is why I can't see 1.4Ghz?
    ROW=rest.of.world (not north america)
    and "demo" would have had the same processor. It would also probably have a tracking number carved into it. That's what we did when I worked for a computer hardware company years ago.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast