Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cubeover
  1.    #1  
    I'm having a couple of issues with my newly arrived AT&T Preł.
    All my incoming calls are coming up with +6etc international numbers stopping the phone from recognizing who is calling.
    the Skype app doesn't seem to be in the Aus App cat probably lazyness on HP's part.
    My old UK Pre- didn't have the +6 issue would flashing with the UK rom fix it?
    I know it would give me Skype.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    It's not just the AT&T Pre 3, it's any pre 3 (and the pre 2 too apparently)

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...australia.html

Time to rage

Btw HP also apparently forgot to put in the 'State' field so you can't enter in your credit card details for the AUS app cat.
  3.    #3  
    So going through all that effort is only going to give me Skype and take away all the AT&T bloatware...
    Still could be worth it.
    Thanks for the Patch.
    I've installed it but my messages still don't match up with names.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darth_luigi View Post
    So going through all that effort is only going to give me Skype and take away all the AT&T bloatware...
    Still could be worth it.
    Thanks for the Patch.
    I've installed it but my messages still don't match up with names.
    I've found that setting the numbers format to 'others' in the regional settings fixes this issue for calls but not for SMSes.
    I feel your pain but...
    It's probably not a good idea to have your numbers stored in country-specific format (04.. etc). Outgoing messages & calls will not work while roaming in countries with a different coutry-specific format.

On the contrary, MSISDN style works globally. (+61 for Australia etc) since it is a part of mandatory global GSM features.

Having said that, AT&T firmware assumes you are local to +1 so calls and SMS from US will be recognized properly even if they are written in US-local format.
    brum likes this.