webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > make your classic touchstone hold your pre 3 better
make your classic touchstone hold your pre 3 better
Like Tree16Likes

Old 10/16/2012, 05:37 PM   #81 (permalink)

I bought some off ebay for $10 delivered:
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

You do have a lot left over, but they are fun to play with

I would send some to people in Australia, but to send overseas would probably not be worth it.

Ben
benh is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Mutoidi likes this.
Thanked By: Mutoidi
Old 10/16/2012, 06:35 PM   #82 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Rare Earth Super Magnets (2-Pack) : Super Magnets | RadioShack.com

^^ rare earth magnets. order online or pickup in your local store. Might be -too- powerful.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 11:49 AM   #83 (permalink)

Bump... One more shout out to anyone interested in a set of 8 (or more) for the low cost of $1.95 to cover shipping to the next name on the list when they show up. Read my previous posts in this thread for details. I have 4 persons requesting a modest 8 each so I still have enough for 5 Touchstones remaining. Rather than make everyone wait for the list to be completed I plan on shipping them Monday to anyone that has responded with their address and how many they want and keeping the surplus for crafts.
matteebee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 01:22 PM   #84 (permalink)

Would by chance be possible to have the measures of the magnets ? ( diameter - height , possibly in millimeters )
Last time I went to a place near me (I'm in Italy) that has a bit of things, they had some magnets that appeared like the right ones, but once I went home to try, I found out that they are too high and applied as in the pics posted on this thread, my pre3 was unable to touch anymore the touchstone
mazzinia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2012, 10:42 PM   #85 (permalink)

The dimensions in millimeters are 6.35mm diameter x 0.79mm thick. It is listed in a previous post.
delurgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2012, 02:51 PM   #86 (permalink)

I have a list compiled and magnets will be shipped Monday to 5 persons. When they show up, take what you need, cross your name off the list and mail them to the next person. It should cost $1.95 per person. Thanks for the responses and sorry for the delay.
Old 11/10/2012, 02:53 PM   #87 (permalink)

If anyone else wants in pm me your address before Monday. This is the last LAST call
Old 11/15/2012, 03:16 PM   #88 (permalink)

I got my magnets today, but it doesn't consistently charge the Pre 3, every 30-45 seconds it chimes and shows "Charging battery" like it's not making good contact. There's just 8 magnets used, right? No issues charging a Pre 2 with the Touchstone, and I use a Touchstone without magnets on my desk without issue.
Old 11/18/2012, 04:45 PM   #89 (permalink)

I have not had the same problem. I would confirm that the thickness of the magnets are approximately 0.03125".
delurgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 07:14 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
I got my magnets today, but it doesn't consistently charge the Pre 3, every 30-45 seconds it chimes and shows "Charging battery" like it's not making good contact. There's just 8 magnets used, right? No issues charging a Pre 2 with the Touchstone, and I use a Touchstone without magnets on my desk without issue.
They should pretty much set themselves into position as shown in the pics earlier in this thread. I've had success with several touchstones and both carrier's version of the Pre 3 using the same magnets.
Old 11/26/2012, 08:37 AM   #91 (permalink)

Looks like my issue was the lighter it was plugged into, I swapped Touchstones with the same results, but when I tried plugging it into a different 12V plug, it worked fine.
Old 11/26/2012, 01:44 PM   #92 (permalink)

Nice to hear. I'm guessing you will pass on the remainders to the next name on the list.
Thanked By: DracoP
Old 11/26/2012, 02:27 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
Nice to hear. I'm guessing you will pass on the remainders to the next name on the list.
Oh yeah, I did that last week, they were heading to California, should be there by now.....
Old 11/29/2012, 12:17 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
Oh yeah, I did that last week, they were heading to California, should be there by now.....
Yes, they arrived, and work great! They'll be moving on tomorrow.
Thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
dan_fein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 12:09 AM   #95 (permalink)

I ended up using 16 of these (there are plenty left and I sent them on). I put 8 on my car TS, and 4 each on my desk and nightstand TS's. The magnets make the Pre3 more secure than on the flat TS but with only 4, not unnecessarily sticky. My car TS is already mounted in a nice phone mount, but now it's rock solid and with 8 magnets pulls itself into place. Brilliant.
I'd pass along photos if I knew how to attach in Forums.
Thanks again!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
dan_fein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 12:16 PM   #96 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Found some of the magnets on ebay, and they have been working great!
m0ngr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/2012, 07:06 PM   #97 (permalink)

I like the way they nicely arrange to that x formation. Received today, and will ship out tomorrow morning/afternoon
DracoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 02:42 PM   #98 (permalink)

Received the magnets about a month ago and then sent the final 8 magnets to the last person on the list ...
geewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2013, 11:01 AM   #99 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Anyone doing another magnet run? I just got a pre3 and wanted to try this.
Check out Paper Basketball Plus! A toss it / paper toss style game with achievements, timed mode, moving targets and more! Buy 1 app, use it on pixi / veer / pre / touchpad all in full resolution! It's neat. I swear. For reals.

http://bit.ly/moZYOq
tacroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2013, 08:10 AM   #100 (permalink)

Just for the information of users:

There are 4 shining magnets on the touchstone which are responsible for holding the phone on touchstone. They are visible if you remove the ring. The screwdriver tip in the attached picture points to one of the magnets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Touchstone magnets.jpg (468.8 KB, 51 views) Email Attachment
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked By: Rnp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0