Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I got my Pre 3, bought the goplan, but had issues with signing in after providing my email and passcode. It then spins, stating "signing in" then reads the following: "Sign In Failed (This may be due to low network coverage or the phone settings on your SIM card need to be entered manually)."
    Try Again
    Enter Phone Settings

    The AT&T rep then installs his active sim card to trick to get internet to sign in, then reinserted my new sim card and it worked.

    Well, fast forward to today in which I decided to leave Sprint and go with H2O $60 plan. I am now having the same issue with the new sim card and their rep states I need to establish an internet connection, so I insert my goplan sim card hoping it will connect so I can duplicate what the AT&T rep did, but it doesn't work and I get the same ole sign in failed.

    I see the AT&T logo or the H2O logo in the top left, so my question is are there any suggestions what I need to do to get the phone to see my home internet, or how do I get to wifi on the Pre 3 in this early stage to activate....thanks in advance.
  2. #2  
    Search for activating with impostah -

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  3. marysm's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #3  
    As I understand it, can't can't do a standard activation with wifi, you must your your provider's data plan. If your sim is not setup for data, you won't be able to sign in.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Search for activating with impostah -

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    will do
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    As I understand it, can't can't do a standard activation with wifi, you must your your provider's data plan. If your sim is not setup for data, you won't be able to sign in.
    My H2O SIM is unlimited everything, but I can't get to the carrier network b/c I can't get pass the signing into the phone
  6. marysm's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    My H2O SIM is unlimited everything, but I can't get to the carrier network b/c I can't get pass the signing into the phone
    Ah ha! My SIM is an old Cingular one, when the phone tried to fetch the internet settings it failed. I had to "enter network settings" (or whatever that other button is on the sign-in failed page) and set the APN thingy. Luckily I was able to goggle for the right setting. I my case, APN = proxy. Maybe you need to set the APN too? Good luck.
  7. #7  
    you NEED a data plan to have this phone????
  8.    #8  
    Update: thanks everyone. I went into best buy today, explained everything to the rep and it inserted one of their AT&T SIM card to fetch a connection so I could login, then he inserted my new SIM card from H2O with unlimited everything for $60 a month.

    Here is the BIG surprise after porting my number from Sprint and using my original Pre- Palm account, my only concern was not having Sprint nav and only 3g with H2O.

    Well, I decided to just try my AT&T nav app and wooola, it works exactly as Sprint nav with turn by turn etc.

    I am also getting AT&T faux-g. The best buy rep was amazed by H2O $60 unlimited plan and the fact I am getting faux-g (the h+ logo by the battery symbol). This Pre 3 is awesome! Mind you I am not techie, nor geekie, but know much more about the tech industry after joining Precentral.
  9. #9  
    This post as been very insightful. I was wondering what I should do with my inactivated ATT pre3. Like you were, I'm currently on sprint.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingka View Post
    you NEED a data plan to have this phone????
    Officially, yes, unofficially, no.

    Reason being is that you need mobile data to create the Palm Profile for activation on the device. By default you can't enable Wi-Fi to do that.

    Alternatively, you can bypass activation via Dev Mode, turn on Wi-Fi then re-run Gesture Tutorial to activate.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Update: thanks everyone. I went into best buy today, explained everything to the rep and it inserted one of their AT&T SIM card to fetch a connection so I could login, then he inserted my new SIM card from H2O with unlimited everything for $60 a month.

    Here is the BIG surprise after porting my number from Sprint and using my original Pre- Palm account, my only concern was not having Sprint nav and only 3g with H2O.

    Well, I decided to just try my AT&T nav app and wooola, it works exactly as Sprint nav with turn by turn etc.

    I am also getting AT&T faux-g. The best buy rep was amazed by H2O $60 unlimited plan and the fact I am getting faux-g (the h+ logo by the battery symbol). This Pre 3 is awesome! Mind you I am not techie, nor geekie, but know much more about the tech industry after joining Precentral.
    I'm confused by the fact that you're getting faux 4g. Can you check download speed? Per h20 web, they don't have a plan that would take advantage of att 4g network(internet is not included in this plan) and second package they have is T-Mobile based and pre 3 doesn't have a band to use it in order to get 4g speed...

    Can you check your download and upload, please?
  12. #12  
    When you bought your phone it was locked. Every GSM phone, from all manufacturers have to be unlocked before the can access the network.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    When you bought your phone it was locked. Every GSM phone, from all carriers have to be unlocked before the can access the network.
    Fixed. Manufacturers do sell unlocked phones, even Palm does in Europe. It's the ***arded carriers only.

    At least I know all phones sold in Hong Kong, carrier or not, are unlocked, because it's illegal to do so there.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  14. #14  
    I am not sure this is accurate.
    Before I got my SIM card, I went into devmode, turned on wifi and ran gesture tutorial...and I could not log into my profile.

    Not an issue for me now as I have the SIM and did normal activation, but unless I actually did the tutorial wrong LOL, it does not appear to work.

    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Officially, yes, unofficially, no.

    Reason being is that you need mobile data to create the Palm Profile for activation on the device. By default you can't enable Wi-Fi to do that.

    Alternatively, you can bypass activation via Dev Mode, turn on Wi-Fi then re-run Gesture Tutorial to activate.

Posting Permissions