1.    #1  
    SO SO SO sick of problems with Palm Pre Plus. Have been a loyal Palm user back to Treo days. Love it but hate it!

Will all the problems GO AWAY?????
    depends on what carrier you use.
    on vzw here. eligible for an upgrade and can get any phone but i just dont want to switch off from webos :-/

if pre3 ebay prices come down to $250 like att perhaps ill go that route, i just would hate another phone that is so nice when it works but is just soooo buggy
    I can attest that webOS 2.2 is less buggy than most previous versions, though of course it isn't perfect. Also, aren't there some Verizon Pre 3's floating around?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    I can attest that webOS 2.2 is less buggy than most previous versions, though of course it isn't perfect. Also, aren't there some Verizon Pre 3's floating around?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    floating around? like somewhere other than ebay for ridiculous prices? (for a phone with no warranty and not much of a future)
    Hopefully in a few weeks more of them will make it onto ebay and the prices will go down like the AT&T phones
    Quote Originally Posted by rendernyc View Post
    if pre3 ebay prices come down to $250 like att perhaps ill go that route, i just would hate another phone that is so nice when it works but is just soooo buggy
    Pre3 is not buggy.

Great build quality. Looks good, feels good. Works well. Much improved battery life. Speedier, smoother. Great screen.

There are 2 problems:
    1) Limited App market
    2) The platform got murdered by HP -. which means problem number 1 is not likely to get fixed

Neither are big problems for me - I have all the apps I really want - and I don't need much beyond the browser, Newsroom (great RSS reader) and a few other apps.
    But YMMV
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    I love my new Pre 3... it is a very nice phone, even compared to the Pre 2, which I also have. If you like webOS, you will love the pre 3.

The AT&T one's seem to be dropping in price (got one for $400, and a week later got one for $250). There Verizon one's are a little bit more (rarer I think)... but you can get them: Brand New in Box HP Pre 3 Verizon 3G & Global Ready | eBay
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    So regarding the HP App Catalog for the USA, can someone estimate the number of applications that are available for the Pre 3 ? And also, the three applications I use most in my Veer and FrankenPre 2 are Checkbook, Wells Fargo and SecuStore, and I was wondering if they were available for the Pre 3 ?
    almost all webOS 2.x compatible apps work fine on the Pre3. they all scale up to the larger screen; though some have the occasional graphical glitch, they're all usable.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 10/06/2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: added almost - since there are some 2.x phone apps that don't show up for touchpad
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I think the phone app is the buggiest it has ever been on a webOS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdamrican View Post
    If you like webOS, you will love the pre 3.
    I have a tendency to be verbose, but really, the above quote is all you need to know about the '3. It's a webOS dream phone.

Pair it with a TouchPad for SMS and call forwarding, and you've got a real dream team. I love it.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    I think the phone app is the buggiest it has ever been on a webOS device.
    It is buggy, but no more than my Veer. The only real annoying one is it considers ten digit dialling on my own area code International.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I dial international at least 10 times a day and use pause dialing for it. On 1.4.5 it always workes flawless. On any 2.0 version it hardly works. Most of the time I have to put it on speaker for it just to start dialing.
    It really depends on what you define as a problem. All phones have problems. The Pre 3 has solved some (speed) and caused some (less ram)

What is important to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    It really depends on what you define as a problem. All phones have problems. The Pre 3 has solved some (speed) and caused some (less ram)
    Less RAM?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...