Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FenrirWolf
  1.    #1  
    So how do i make my Verizon Pre 3 work on the Sprint network?
    you give it to me and I'll see what I can do
    You can't.
    you can't unless you had a close friend/ someone to bribe activate it fo you. There are no mods/board swaps possible.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    you can't unless you had a close friend/ someone to bribe activate it fo you. There are no mods/board swaps possible.
    But Verizon and Sprint use identical bands, so would it not just be a software (firmware) issue?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Sprint has a locked down network. Only ESN's they allow on will work.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Sprint has to allow that ESN number onto their network. Good luck with that
    It's an issue of them knowing that the phone's ESN is not assigned to there network. They could activate it and it would work fine but they don't activate ESN's of phones sold for another network. I'm not saying it's not possible. You can get a lot of things done with Sprint but they have been tightening up all these loopholes and it's getting harder and harder.

You may have better luck getting it to run on Boost or Virgin both of which use Sprint towers. If you check out the XDA Developers forum you will see that people have the Evo 4G and Evo 3D running on Boost and some other networks. I know those are Android and the Pre3 isn't but I think its just a matter of who you can talk into activating it.
    Is it possible to hack the phone-side's ESN to one that exists at Sprint? I have like 5 retired sprint phones lying around from over the years...
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    more important, how'd you get a verizon pre3?
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Is it possible to hack the phone-side's ESN to one that exists at Sprint? I have like 5 retired sprint phones lying around from over the years...
    im pretty sure this is considered CLONING, which is a federal offense.
    call sprint, tell them there's no verizon available in your area, ask if they'll activate the phone and let us know the results!
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crakeur View Post
    more important, how'd you get a verizon pre3?
    If you have to ask you are not worthy. . . but I'll tell you anyway.

Start here:
    site:craigslist.org pre3 - Google Search
    Hey you asked a question that's been asked a number of times before too. Don't get too cocky =P
    something224 likes this.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    im pretty sure this is considered CLONING, which is a federal offense.
    So, I did some research on the technique called cloning. I found as long as you leave the first phone off its undetectable, and as long as your not being fraudulent, it legal(in the usa). :-)
    I guess I'll add my .02 to this. I was on the phone with a very knowledgeable Sprint rep (wait, whaa?). I know I know, doesn't seem logical.

But she was actually very competent of everything going on. I was actually on the phone for something else but decided to ask her if it would be possible to activate a Verizon phone on Sprint. What she said was this, anyone at telesales or online absolutely would NOT do this for you. They wouldn't get in trouble, but the way she explained it to me, that person would be liable for that phone getting activated on Sprint.

So, what she meant by that is, that if your phone would break (Verizon phone say, Pre 3) then they would have to replace it with a comparable model and they don't want to do that.

But then, she gave me this little tid bit of information, the only chance of having it activated would be in stores. Maybe if you have a friend or something, she said all the person would need to do is type in the serial number or whatever it is on the back, I forget what term she used, and then the phone would be active.

Then she stated, that person would be responsible blah blah, like she said before.

So, it's definitely possible, but good luck finding that person in store who would be willing to do it for you.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I guess I'll add my .02 to this. I was on the phone with a very knowledgeable Sprint rep (wait, whaa?). I know I know, doesn't seem logical.

But she was actually very competent of everything going on. I was actually on the phone for something else but decided to ask her if it would be possible to activate a Verizon phone on Sprint. What she said was this, anyone at telesales or online absolutely would NOT do this for you. They wouldn't get in trouble, but the way she explained it to me, that person would be liable for that phone getting activated on Sprint.

So, what she meant by that is, that if your phone would break (Verizon phone say, Pre 3) then they would have to replace it with a comparable model and they don't want to do that.

But then, she gave me this little tid bit of information, the only chance of having it activated would be in stores. Maybe if you have a friend or something, she said all the person would need to do is type in the serial number or whatever it is on the back, I forget what term she used, and then the phone would be active.

Then she stated, that person would be responsible blah blah, like she said before.

So, it's definitely possible, but good luck finding that person in store who would be willing to do it for you.
    Good info... of course, this doesn't get anywhere until you can actually get your hands on a VZ pre3! Where the heck are they!!
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Good info... of course, this doesn't get anywhere until you can actually get your hands on a VZ pre3! Where the heck are they!!
    I was just browsing eBay a I saw one the price was a lil high like $450