Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am currently with sprint pre- owner since day 1 have a frankenpre2 since june. I just got a att pre3 last week and using it on a gophone account. Unlimited text and talk. Unfortunately the data does not work for smartphones on gophone plan. I use just over 2gigs a month of data on sprint. I don't do much talking and I text a lot. I just can't seem to pay the data rates for att they are just outrageous. What would you guys do? I tried setting it with a tablet data plan(that didn't work) so don't suggest that.
    I am in the same boat, so I decided to box my Pre 3 and wait to see if anything is different with Big Red.

I use my Sprint hot spot with 3gigs a month for less than $30 for my tpad and was using it for my Pre 3. I also visited t-mobile to check out plans, but you are on 2g. I think it has been mentioned somewhere they will intro a nice plan for our needs this month.

fact is, the Pre 3 is everything I want in a phone, but I am on standby b/c of AT&T ugly goplan, plus I still have my Sprint account with Pre- which I am waiting to see where their prices go after the iphone deal, and the fact I received the letter stating the Premier program is going away.
  3.    #3  
    I use my fretether to get data from my sprint pre2 to my att gophone pre3. I wish att had a plan that worked for me. I love the pre3 also its everything I've every wanted
    in other threads about this, another user has been touting H2O Wireless. They use AT&T's towers, but you get unlimited everything for $60 per month. No HSPA+ I think, but you get 3g. If you can stand 2.5G EDGE data (which isn't too bad actually, about 400kbps), then TMobile gets you unlimited everything for $50 per month. Then along the same lines as H2O Wireless, there's Simple Mobile on TMobile's network giving you unlimited everything for $40 per month (again, on TMobile's network you get only 2.5G EDGE data).
  5.    #5  
    does h20 wireless work in california
    sure. they have the same coverage map as AT&T. https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageC...?page=coverage

they sell it at Best Buy and 7-Eleven, and of course online.
  7.    #7  
    can anyone confirm this works? Does my att pre3 have to be unlocked? And if it does how do I go about unlocking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    does h20 wireless work in california
    Used successfully both in northern CA and southern CA on the Veer, especially in southern CA when my Sprint Pre2 was dropping calls
    can anyone confirm this works? Does my att pre3 have to be unlocked? And if it does how do I go about unlocking it.
    yes, it does have to be unlocked. Didn't yours come unlocked or with an unlock code? almost every AT&T Pre3 I've seen listed promised it was unlocked. mine came with a unlock code hand-written on a sticky taped to the box, which worked just fine when I put in the T-Mobile SIM.

you could try contacting the seller to see if they can provide the unlock code. I've read that the HP webOS store where the employees buy these things has a database with all the unlock codes available.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    yes, it does have to be unlocked. Didn't yours come unlocked or with an unlock code? almost every AT&T Pre3 I've seen listed promised it was unlocked. mine came with a unlock code hand-written on a sticky taped to the box, which worked just fine when I put in the T-Mobile SIM.

you could try contacting the seller to see if they can provide the unlock code. I've read that the HP webOS store where the employees buy these things has a database with all the unlock codes available.
    no it did not come with an unlock code. i bought it from some guy in the bay area who had a bunch of hp pre3's in his car. he even had white touchpads for 300 dollars. i text him about the unlock code but he said he didnt have it.
    this H2O is what I need! My pre came with an unlock code as well, so I plan to activate tomorrow.

If I unlock my phone for H2O, can I go back to AT&T by just changing out the sims card?

Since Sprint is doing away with Premier status and my contract is up, I ve got nothing to loose by trying H2O
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Actually H20 wireless sim cards work in AT&T Locked phones, talk and text will work right away. You DO need to change your APN so that data and MMS works.
    what is APN and is changing this a recommendation...thanks
  14.    #14  
    and how do you change it and to what do you change it to?
    Why do you need to use the Go plan? Why can't you use a normal plan off-contract? That's what I did and I've never been an AT&T customer before. Got a 4gb data and 450min plan. Ends up bring about $104 very similar to my sprint unlimited plan. Obviously this is more expensive than a straight Go plan, but as I said, it is similar to Sprint.
    Yes I know its not unlimited and AT&T will probably screw me over something, but seeing as though I think its unlikely I'll go over 4gb I think I won't notice much difference.

Baldric

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    and how do you change it and to what do you change it to?
    y'all could try looking up some of this crap on your own... but hey, I'm here to serve:

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageC...taManualConfig

you change it in the preferences for the phone app, it's under network, manual settings
  17.    #17  
    thanks johnsonx42. As for why I don't just get a regular plan is because I'm not going to go pay 104 a month. When I pay 120 for unlimited everything on sprint on 2 phones. I want the cheapest unlimited prepaid plan that I can find.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    y'all could try looking up some of this crap on your own... but hey, I'm here to serve:

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageC...taManualConfig

you change it in the preferences for the phone app, it's under network, manual settings
    lol...lol, thanks Johnsonx42. Although I have been here for a while, I am not techie, but have become more knowledgeable and understanding of lots of this stuff, but much of it I don't have a clue. Thanks again for your help
  19.    #19  
    thumbs up.
    just for the record, I didn't claim h2o works with a locked att phone... H2o's site says it needs to be unlocked. Ashykat said otherwise. I'm not saying either way, as I honestly don't know.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast