Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    in other threads about this, another user has been touting H2O Wireless. They use AT&T's towers, but you get unlimited everything for $60 per month. No HSPA+ I think, but you get 3g. If you can stand 2.5G EDGE data (which isn't too bad actually, about 400kbps), then TMobile gets you unlimited everything for $50 per month. Then along the same lines as H2O Wireless, there's Simple Mobile on TMobile's network giving you unlimited everything for $40 per month (again, on TMobile's network you get only 2.5G EDGE data).
    H2O does give HSPA+, but it's throttled.
  2.    #22  
    so has anyone successfully got a pre3 to work with H20 wireless?
    In another forum it was suggested to use a Straight talk phone and sim, activate it, then put the sim in the pre3 and change the ABN? Anyone done, or doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    can anyone confirm this works? Does my att pre3 have to be unlocked? And if it does how do I go about unlocking it.
    How can I tell if my Pre3 is unlocked?
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    so has anyone successfully got a pre3 to work with H20 wireless?
    Not a Pre 3, but a Veer. However, mine was unlocked, so I can't say if it'll work with a locked device.

It'll fail the activation and then ask you to put in the APN settings manually. Those are listed on the H2O site.
    I am the one who has been touting H2O and will continue to do so. To clarify a few things: your Pre doesn't need to be unlocked. You can use a AT&t SIM or H2O ($.99 shipped via eBay). HSPA+ works with a 500KB/s cap. The data is truly unlimited, for now at least. You will need to change a few things for data and MMS. H2O APN/MMS settings are available via Google. See this tread for instructions: http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?f=326&t=285449

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by zefyx; 10/05/2011 at 06:55 PM.
  7.    #27  
    so will it work with H20 or not?
    Yes it will work. I have my Pre 3 running on H2O as well and the speeds are variable. Nothing consistent, between .4Mb - 1.5MB, but still up to par with what I was getting on Sprint with my original Pre (-).

For what it's worth, I think it is a good investment of $10 for sim card and $60 for a month of service to just test it out. If you don't like it you can always just go somewhere else. No pressure.
  9.    #29  
    @maleotkast did you have to do any special setting up for it to work on the pre3 or did you just call get the sim activated and popped it in the pre3 and everything worked? does picturemail web?
    Like zefyx said, you just need to manually input some settings but after that, everything should work. I get picture mail, internet, and even AT&T navigator working.

What I did was buy a sim card from best buy and then called the number and set everything up. It took about an hour to have my number activated.
  11.    #31  
    where did you find the manual settings?
    where did you find the manual settings?
    Did you completely ignore my response? I thought I was pretty clear with everything you should know.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I used the iphone settings found on the H2O website. All the settings I changed were found under the phone app preferences menu. Just go to manual settings and change the APN and MMS settings to what the website says.

-open the phone app
    -tap on the drop down menu on the upper left side that says H2O
    -Go to Preferences & Accounts
    -Scroll down to Edit Network Settings
    -Change INTERNET APN to att.mvno (leave USERNAME and PASSWORD blank)
    -Tap Change Settings

-Tap on MMS APN
    -Change MMS APN to att.mvno (leave USERNAME and PASSWORD blank)
    -MMS PROPERTIES
    -http://mmsc.cingular.com (MMSC)
    -wireless.cingular.com:80 (MMS PROXY)
    -1048576 (MAX SIZE)
    -Tap Change Settings

That should be it. You can close the app.
    Hopefully this helps. Good luck!
  14.    #34  
    thank you for the settings
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I just signed up for H20 and like it so far. My icon says H+ but I will test speeds over the next few days. BTW I am on the Mississippi gulf coast.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Instruction Type: manual

On the device tap the Launcher icon.
    Tap the Phone icon.
    Tap the Mobile Network name in the upper-left corner and select Preferences & Accounts.
    Set Manual Settings to ON.
    Tap Edit Network Settings.
    Select the MMS APN tab.
    Enter att.mvno in the MMS APN field.
    Enter the Username and Password listed below in the relevant fields. If no value is listed leave the field blank.
    Username:
    Password:
    Enter http://mmsc.cingular.com in the MMSC field.
    Enter 66.209.11.33 in the MMS PROXY field.
    Tap Change Settings.
    The device may show a message indicating that the settings are invalid. Scroll down and tap Set Up Anyway.
    The device may show a second warning. Tap Set Up Anyway.
    Restart the device by powering it off and back on.

The settings are saved and the service is ready for use.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    just for the record, I didn't claim h2o works with a locked att phone... H2o's site says it needs to be unlocked. Ashykat said otherwise. I'm not saying either way, as I honestly don't know.
    Yeah it's a bit confusing. Their site just says that any GSM phone will work unlocked. I know from my own experience, friends' experience, as well as a number of people I've talked to online that say H20's sim works just fine if the phone is an AT&T locked phone. Phones from any other carrier will need to be unlocked. As always though you need to change your APN in order to have internet connectivity and/or MMS.
    I just set up two Pre 3s on AT&T last week and MMS was not working on either device. AT&T tech support was no help at all. I followed your instructions, bignoze, and MMS works now! Thanks!
    Has anyone had the same problem I am with this configuration? Everything else is working great, but picture mail will not work. Regular texts work, and Internet. I do not have a value set of "Max Size", but everything else is the same. I can't imagine the max size value would make a difference. Anyone have any advice? I called H2O and they have not gotten back to me......

Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    Instruction Type: manual

On the device tap the Launcher icon.
    Tap the Phone icon.
    Tap the Mobile Network name in the upper-left corner and select Preferences & Accounts.
    Set Manual Settings to ON.
    Tap Edit Network Settings.
    Select the MMS APN tab.
    Enter att.mvno in the MMS APN field.
    Enter the Username and Password listed below in the relevant fields. If no value is listed leave the field blank.
    Username:
    Password:
    Enter http://mmsc.cingular.com in the MMSC field.
    Enter 66.209.11.33 in the MMS PROXY field.
    Tap Change Settings.
    The device may show a message indicating that the settings are invalid. Scroll down and tap Set Up Anyway.
    The device may show a second warning. Tap Set Up Anyway.
    Restart the device by powering it off and back on.

The settings are saved and the service is ready for use.
    So what my take away from this whole thread is that H20 is going to be superior performance for my Pre 3 over my current T-Mobile unlimited plan , Correct ? It just takes a little bit of work and tweaking some settings ?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast