Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Extracted it from my Veer, Weather Dashboard Lite works, but requires the use of Jason's IPK Packager.

Not sure why SuperGigaMega says the Pre 3 version is still in beta, because this existing version works just fine here.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGnip View Post
    I'm the developer of "Power Lines" (a 2-4 player PDK multiplayer game) and I developed it to work on the Pre 3 (and all other webOS devices). It would probably fit in the "Compatible" list as it scales up from the Pre screen size, but it looks and plays just fine. The link to the app is in my sig below...
    Thanks guys! i've updated the list again.
    GVoice should be in catalog for pre3 again . Major performance improvements overall will hopefully fix the problem that the guy reviewing it during the pre3 review had. Next update should fix the overlapping button problem.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    [u[]Extracted it from my Veer[/u], Weather Dashboard Lite works, but requires the use of Jason's IPK Packager..
    Do you mean you pulled it from the Veer itself, or from a Veer doctor?

I'm having an appcat issue with the ESPN Sportcenter app on my Pre3. I installed it during my seemingly futile attempts to activate my phone properly, but it was erased in during one of my profile resets. Now, the app catalog says that it's already installed (it isn't), and only gives me the "Tap to launch" button which does nothing. I just downloaded it to my TouchPad (where it runs like a Mojo app), but as wondering if I could somehow get it off of there and onto my Pre3.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Back on-topic

Compatible:
    Flickr Mundo HD (runs perfectly in landscape, top bar icons are squished in portrait)
    Thought Bubble (black bar on bottom, and thin white line on bottom when displaying a bubble)
    OpenTable
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Do you mean you pulled it from the Veer itself, or from a Veer doctor?

I'm having an appcat issue with the ESPN Sportcenter app on my Pre3. I installed it during my seemingly futile attempts to activate my phone properly, but it was erased in during one of my profile resets. Now, the app catalog says that it's already installed (it isn't), and only gives me the "Tap to launch" button which does nothing. I just downloaded it to my TouchPad (where it runs like a Mojo app), but as wondering if I could somehow get it off of there and onto my Pre3.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Back on-topic

Compatible:
    Flickr Mundo HD (runs perfectly in landscape, top bar icons are squished in portrait)
    Thought Bubble (black bar on bottom, and thin white line on bottom when displaying a bubble)
    OpenTable
    I have Weather Dashboard Lite installed on my Veer and extracted from there. I'm not going into the details, though. The doctor wouldn't have it since it's not a built-in app.
    I have Weather Dashboard Lite installed on my Veer and extracted from there. I'm not going into the details, though. The doctor wouldn't have it since it's not a built-in app.
    Fair enough. Upon rethinking what I asked, it sounds like enabling piracy. I'll try and bug HP/Palm, or maybe re-doctor (though can't say ESPN would really be worth all that hassle).
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Please, also add 'Ncognito to the list.
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...h.app.ncognito

It's been developed and optimized for Pre 2, Pre 3, and TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Not sure if these have been said but:

Semi-Compatible:
    Bubble Birds (bottom of the screen is cut off so you don't know what colour birds you're shooting).
    Backgrounds (loads but you can't use the back and forward buttons s you can only select the four shown).
    Color Puzzle (works fine but it is terribly scaled; about 1/4 of the screen).

(these are all fine except for minor scaling issues):
    Chained
    HeroOfSparta
    Sparkle
    Tip-em
    Bubbles! (free)
    MonkeyJump Free
    GemTower
    Fall-E
    The Helicopter Game
    Snake
    Glow Hockey Free
    Rednecks Vs. Aliens
    SuperJump
    Droplets 2.0 Lite
    Colorphyll
    Blocks Lite
    Free Klondike Solitaire
    Box Balance
    Totemo Lite
    Checkers

Non-Compatible:
    Dots Game (can't do anything when you start the game)

Again, I don't know if any of these have been said already and I am sure that some have.
    Last edited by Ecut93; 10/20/2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Fair enough. Upon rethinking what I asked, it sounds like enabling piracy. I'll try and bug HP/Palm, or maybe re-doctor (though can't say ESPN would really be worth all that hassle).
    Yes and no, but I already have the app and it's a free app as well.

I never did this for paid apps, and I am not distributing. Also the reason why I'm not going into the details.
    Splashtop Remote Desktop is not compatible at all and according to them they don't plan to fix it. Its such a simple fix IMO, I wish they would do it.
    Dead Runner works on Pre 3, perfect as far as I can tell.
    My apps, Clock In and Clock In Trial, both run fullscreen on the Pre3. Would appreciate if they can be added to the list.
    Andy

Apps: Clock In (Trial and full)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    Splashtop Remote Desktop is not compatible at all and according to them they don't plan to fix it. Its such a simple fix IMO, I wish they would do it.
    Is it a simple code fix? Beyond the code, there's also the matter of being an additional program they need to provide support for. Probably just aren't willing to invest more into a nebulously "dead" platform. And how many Pre 3's are there on the market to begin with... It's just not a high ROI from a business perspective, so I can see their line of thinking - not that I particularly like it.

I wonder if the ipk would just run on a Pre 3 if you moved it yourself... worth trying.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Dr Podder and Music remix work just fine.
    Agree that Dr Podder works fine, but the button bar (or whatever the control is called) at the top of the "All" scene is mangled a bit. It looks busted but still works as it should.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Hey guys apologies for the delay, been busy the past couple of days! updated just now!
    Can someone check to see if or how well Spaz or Twee work? (I know DMs don't work in Twee anymore, but that's due to the developer not updating to be compatible with the newest Twitter API) My Pre3 arrives Monday, and I'd like to know what the best Twitter app will be
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    IMHO, this should be a sticky thread.

Does anyone know of a Official HP Pre3 Patch List?