Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    One more: Weather Dashboard. Not approved for Pre 3 yet.

Emailed the dev, they say they're still testing the Beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers View Post
    I just tried downloading it via the method you suggested, and I get the error "This application is not available for your model."

This is so strange. How can I be the only Pre3 user unable to access this in the app catalog?! Grrrr.. Anybody else have any suggestions?
    I suggest you talk to the dev, it's possible just some flags that need to be fixed, there was a recent update on it so it could just be a config issue in the Catalog.

http://sites.google.com/site/webosrbtwhiz
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    FlightView and FlightTrack both work fine on pre3. Calendar integration is busted for 2.x and FlightTrack is no longer officially supported or sold, but it works.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I did a little poking around Rob's google group for Fuel. Here's a direct quote from him:

"Actually, I'm surprised to know
    that it is available on the Pre3, because I never submitted it for
    distribution on that device; due to a bunch of interface issues caused by
    the resolution change and the automatic 1.5x scaling that happens on Mojo
    based apps that I'm still working through."

So - I'm not sure how anybody managed to get Fuel on their device, but he hasn't submitted it as compatible. He goes on to talk about all of the issues with getting a Mojo app to work on the Pre3 and ends his post with this:

"...I'm hesitant to go through the trouble of working around all
    these problems only to have HP update webOS and break it all again. So much
    for Android being the "fragmented" one. What a mess. "

Bummer.

Ryan
    Here some german Pre3 2.2 infos personal and from thread here:Pre3 - Software läuft / läuft nicht - Software - Nexave Palmforum

Pre 3 Optimized Apps
    AuctionMate (free)
    CrypBoard
    Dict.CC
    Leo Dictionary
    Paketverfolgung / Package Tracker by omoco now us english too! (Pro with neato-like push package ID from computer)
    PlanMyDay full/free
    OfflineDict full/free
    TrackMyWork full/free
    SchedMyPhone (HB) -> cron jobs app
    Shopping Manager Demo/Full
    UberRadio
    Übersetzer
    Voice Recorder
    Web2SMS

Compatible Apps
    Aitrraffic Lite
    Amigo
    Bankomat
    Bahnfahren
    BHoliday2
    ClassicNote (sadly only from Homepage: http://littlestick.host-ed.net/ )
    ClockSync - ntp client
    Convert
    DownloadManager
    GPSFix
    HRS Hotelportal
    InContact Plus
    Internet Radio
    Klicktel
    Mapping Tool free/Pro
    Newsroom
    NetworkTool
    wetter.com
    Papierformate / Paper Sizes
    Saber Ultimate
    StarTrek Communicator
    SWR3-Elchradio
    SWR3-Elchibition (Exhibition Radio App)
    TimeClassic (nice small PDK timer - second sound not really steady but working)
    Tunein Radio
    Tachograph
    QR offline Decode (works great with Pre3 Cam)
    Wifi MediaSync
    Ultimate Wallpaper

Semi-Compatible Apps
    Fuel 0.9.21 (don't know why i could install it cause i took new profile): imported from google my Pre2 backup, working as the category says "semi"-good Update to news 0.9.22 not avail cause as mentioned above the author did not release for webos 2.2

PartySign (Textscroller not full scaling black background at scrolling and text off center)
    LED Torch now works with updated Systoolsmgr 1.0.5.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Updated. Just some notes:

FUEL - seems to be alot of debate on this, so i just added it in semi compatible with a warning that it may or may not work.
    Hey there guys - I just discovered why you can't find GVoice in the Pre3 app catalog -- apparently I accidentally left the minimum version for it set to 3.0.0 instead of 2.2 when I submitted the last fixes to the Pre3 release. Even though I selected Pre3, it still allowed me to leave it at minimum 3.0 .. Oops! This will be fixed on the update that I have in the pipeline. Sorry!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    LED Torch is duplicated in both compatible and incompatible...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    yea, in reality, it should be optimized, as 0.2.6 removes the black bar at the bottom and includes Pre3-specific support, including a new brightness scale from 18mA to 150mA
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    oops my bad.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yea, in reality, it should be optimized, as 0.2.6 removes the black bar at the bottom and includes Pre3-specific support, including a new brightness scale from 18mA to 150mA
    my bad again. edited.
    2) People have also mentioned that Battleship works. I haven't experienced this. When starting the game, tapping to rotate the ships doesn't work - so you're stuck with them in whatever orientation the game plops them in when it randomly drops them down.
    Just checked this, and you're right - I hadn't noticed this.

3) People have mentioned that Monopoly DOESN'T work. I played it last night, and it seems to work fine. It's not pretty and doesn't scale well, but I can't find any functional problems with it.
    I couldn't get it to load up... I'll try again at some point and see what happens. I suppose it could just have been my phone playing up at the time, rather than the app itself not working.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    A few more to add to the list:

-Optimized-

Data Manager
    Feeder
    Lithium News
    Sports Live!

-Compatible-

Done!
    Evernote
    Pack'n'Track
    Pandora
    Slacker Radio
    Spare Time
    Stitcher
    Twithibition

-Semi-compatible-

Radius

-Non-compatible-

Universe
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Can someone please check the status of the following apps on the Pre3 ? It will help me decide if I should get one .

- Terminal (WebOS Internals)
    - World Clock ( by App Artists )
    - Offline Browser ( by metaview )
    - drPodder ( or drPodder HB )
    - Music ( Remix )
    - Battery Monitor
    - Relego
    -

TIA !!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Updated once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Can someone please check the status of the following apps on the Pre3 ? It will help me decide if I should get one .

- Terminal (WebOS Internals)
    - World Clock ( by App Artists )
    - Offline Browser ( by metaview )
    - drPodder ( or drPodder HB )
    - Music ( Remix )
    - Battery Monitor
    - Relego
    -

TIA !!
    Dr Podder and Music remix work just fine.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    World Clock and Batter Monitor should work well as indicated in our list.
    For Fuel, 0.9.21 works fine and did download for Pre3, but the latest 0.9.22 is unmarked for the Pre 3 in the catalogue. Hope the developer would change his mind, at least mark it as compatible with a disclaimer. There's nothing wrong with it, except for one cosmetic issue with the selecting vehicle (I only have 1 car anyways, so it didn't bother me).
    For Fuel, 0.9.21 works fine and did download for Pre3, but the latest 0.9.22 is unmarked for the Pre 3 in the catalogue. Hope the developer would change his mind, at least mark it as compatible with a disclaimer. There's nothing wrong with it, except for one cosmetic issue with the selecting vehicle (I only have 1 car anyways, so it didn't bother me).
    support thread for fuel on pre3: Fuel Display Glitches on Pre3 - webos_rbtwhiz | Google Groups

developer is not sure to update, perhaps enyo on all devices (as of today) changes his mind
    I would pay for it - or donate, if i could find a donate button...
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast