Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    phnx for Twitter works and has recently been updated to use all the pixels!
    Can anyone find out if the Bank of America app works? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Escapingjavert View Post
    Can anyone find out if the Bank of America app works? Thanks
    It works except for the ATM/bank location finder. You can get a list of locations, but when you try to map the location, it doesn't show up right in the bing map app.
    My experience with UK GSM Pre 3, webOS version 2.2.0 build 3171.

Not working:
    Asphalt 5
    Assassins Creed
    Driver
    H.A.W.X
    Monopoly
    Need for Speed: Undercover
    Tetris
    Timepiece
    VisualBoy Advance
    Xplane

Scaled, but working and usable:
    Battleship
    Scrabble
    SuperNES (although games run too fast)
    Worms

Fully working:
    Accuweather
    AuctionMate Pro for eBay
    BC Calculator
    Beeb News
    Destroids (Preware)
    Dopewars (Preware)
    Drugview
    Engadget
    Facebook
    Forums
    Graphing Calculator
    GrooveShark
    Impostah (Preware)
    Internalz Pro (Preware)
    JStop (Preware)
    Lithium Mojo Benchmark
    London Tube Service Free
    Minefield free
    Netstat (Preware)
    Phnx
    Preopoly (Preware)
    Preware
    Preware homebrew documentation
    Quake (Preware)
    Snake
    Spirit HD
    Stuck Pixel Fixer
    Time Until
    Titan Stopwatch
    Translator
    TuneIn by RadioTime
    Tweaks
    UKRadio
    Units
    Xecutah (Preware)
    XServer (Preware)
    XTerm (Preware)

-- Sent from my HP Pre 3 using Forums
    Last edited by Phreemann; 10/09/2011 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnbot View Post
    It works except for the ATM/bank location finder. You can get a list of locations, but when you try to map the location, it doesn't show up right in the bing map app.
    Have you updated your Bing Maps app? There's an update for that.

BTW: can we make this a sticky?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Have you updated your Bing Maps app? There's an update for that.

BTW: can we make this a sticky?
    Yes, I have the latest Bing Maps app. The BoA app sends addresses in a format that Bing Maps can't understand.
    Though if you hand edit the address in the map app, replace the "+" with space, and remove "(...)", it'll work. That kind of defeats the purpose though.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    hi guys just updated the list. i've alphabetized the list and removed some duplicates.
    A few to add. UK Qwerty 8GB 2.2.0 build 3171

Works, optimised:
    Beyond Ynth
    Big Cup Cricket
    Govnah
    No Gravity
    Programme TV
    Quell HD
    Quell Reflect HD
    Space: uncharted
    Tanked

Works perfectly, not optimised (usually black line at bottom):
    Battery Monitor (preware)
    Bike Sharing
    Carbon
    ESPN Scorecenter
    Forums
    Freetether (preware)
    Galcon
    Glyder2
    Navit (Preware)
    Pretext (preware)
    Robot Football

Doesn't work:
    NFL2010
    Let's Golf does not work either
    One more: webOS Roundup is not updated to be enabled for the Pre 3.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Pre3 Optimized apps:
    Angry Birds Seasons
    Angry Birds Rio
    Quell HD
    Beyond Ynth
    Ground Effect (Free)
    Ground Effect Pro
    phnx
    Internalz (regular version, not Pro)
    WOSQI Homebrew Guide
    ComicShelf
    Quick Compass
    MapTool (Free)
    MapTool Pro
    Imageworker Pro
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    How about Sports Live! Is that compatible with the Pre3?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

Be a Patriot, pray for Obama, Psalm 109:8

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Carbon runs well on the Pre 3, however some of the icons in the app arent optimized for the higher resolution.
    Apple iPhone 3G 8GB >>> iPhone 4 32GB >>> HP Veer 4G AT&T >>> HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T 4G

SELLING HP PRE 3 FOR AT&T...ONLY A FEW LEFT. PM ME IF INTERSTED!
    I understood that due to a bug on OS2.2 Carbon's notifications do not work (when the app itself is not running). It certainly looks like it on my Pre3.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Updated the list. Wow can i say i'm impressed at how fast our list is growing!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Also changed the OP to make it more understandable to people who havent read the whole thread.
    Hi all. So, since switching from my Pre2 to my Pre3, I've found some discrepances between the list you've generated and my experiences. I'm using an AT&T branded Pre3, and here has been my experience: (I'm on 2.2.3)

1) People have mentioned that FUEL works great. I had this on my Pre2, and it didn't transfer over when I moved my profile to the 3. So, I tried finding it in the catalog and it's not there. Can somebody help me get this app back?

2) People have also mentioned that Battleship works. I haven't experienced this. When starting the game, tapping to rotate the ships doesn't work - so you're stuck with them in whatever orientation the game plops them in when it randomly drops them down.

3) People have mentioned that Monopoly DOESN'T work. I played it last night, and it seems to work fine. It's not pretty and doesn't scale well, but I can't find any functional problems with it.

4) Fireplace Free works great.

5) Groupon for WebOS, now that it's popped back up in the app catalog, appears to work fine.

6) Flixster gives you a "Couldn't create account for Synergy services (Calendar)" error, but once you get past that error, it eventually will let you search movies and such. Although, I would assume putting them in your calendar probably won't work.

7) Pulse doesn't seem to keep time. While the app functions - it's useless given it's purpose is to keep a tempo.

8) Yahtzee won't even load past the title screen

9) Boggle functions (while not scaling well) and is about 98% functional. Enough to play, but somewhat frustrating. (Once you enter a word that's not valid, there's no way to clear the word without rotating the board)

10) People have said NFL 2010 doesn't work. I just played it with no issue.

11) SuperKO Boxing 2 seems to work great

That's all for now. Anybody have any ideas as to why we're getting these discrepances?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers View Post
    3) People have mentioned that Monopoly DOESN'T work. I played it last night, and it seems to work fine. It's not pretty and doesn't scale well, but I can't find any functional problems with it.
    I too play Monopoly.

I suspect some people may have missed http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...e3-owners.html and are reporting false positives
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers View Post
    1) People have mentioned that FUEL works great. I had this on my Pre2, and it didn't transfer over when I moved my profile to the 3. So, I tried finding it in the catalog and it's not there. Can somebody help me get this app back?
    It's definitely working for me.

Try downloading it via the developer link and see what error you get:

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...m.rbtwhiz.fuel

I just tried downloading it via the method you suggested, and I get the error "This application is not available for your model."

This is so strange. How can I be the only Pre3 user unable to access this in the app catalog?! Grrrr.. Anybody else have any suggestions?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast