1.    #1  
    A few days back, I bought an AT&T branded Pre 3 from this seller. Upon receipt of the box, I opened it, put a screen protector on, battery and SIM in, and on first boot, got the battery with the question mark symbol. Trying all of the fixes here while sitting at my desk (none worked), I thought it was time to send it back. The seller received the phone back and is now claiming that the unit is 'water damaged'. He said he'd 'try' to get it replaced' but wasn't certain he could (big surprise).

Learn from my experience - don't do business with this seller - he's unscrupulous.

Peace,
    Root

too bad, I assume you filed an ebay (or paypal) claim.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    too bad, I assume you filed an ebay (or paypal) claim.
    Not yet - I'm waiting for the guy to tell me that he won't replace it or my $$$ before I go nuts.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear that. I bought one from this seller as well and mine is working fine so far.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gdinger View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I bought one from this seller as well and mine is working fine so far.
    So you got the good one?
    Quote Originally Posted by rootdude View Post
    So you got the good one?
    I got one that works fine from this seller as well.

Only problem with mine is the reported slightly lose rocking of the slider when open.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by shock_terminal View Post

Only problem with mine is the reported slightly lose rocking of the slider when open.
    Thanks for letting me know. I'm a little put off by the fact that I was accused of getting the Pre wet or tampering with the water indicators (neither of which I did, of course). Hopefully I hear from the seller this morning with a proposed resolution. As with all eBay stuff, just buyer-beware. I took a chance on this guy with a very light feedback rating. I hope I don't get burned.
    Quote Originally Posted by shock_terminal View Post

Yeah, the slider rocking is a build quality issue unfortunately.
    I got my Pre 3 from the same seller. It came in a sealed box and works perfectly, I don't even see the slider wiggle issue (yet). I'm hoping the OP was just unlucky. Hopefully it gets sorted for you.
    I also got one from this seller and it is in perfect condition. You probably just got a lemon.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by zfrogz View Post
    I also got one from this seller and it is in perfect condition. You probably just got a lemon.
    Maybe so - after a little hand-wringing and negotiating, I just received a new one as a replacement from him. Pleased as punch that he followed through - so I'm taking the warning off the OP.

Root
    Quote Originally Posted by rootdude View Post
    Maybe so - after a little hand-wringing and negotiating, I just received a new one as a replacement from him. Pleased as punch that he followed through - so I'm taking the warning off the OP.

Root
    <<Edited post title to correspond with this post>>