Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I refer to this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-contacts.html

Wel, it seems my Pre 3 has it too. I'm in Australia and it doesn't match because of the +61 in front of the number.

I've changed the 'Phone Numbers' to 'Australia' and 'others' but this is persisting!

What did they change from 1.4.5 to 2.20?! I used the Pmigration to transfer my contacts from my Palm Pre plus.

Anyone got a fix for this? This is thoroughly ridiculous!
    I have just started using a Pre 3 here in Australia, too... and it is not matching contacts on incoming calls... how hard can it be to make that work, one wonders?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeinhk View Post
    I have just started using a Pre 3 here in Australia, too... and it is not matching contacts on incoming calls... how hard can it be to make that work, one wonders?
    change it to others to at least fix the incoming calls. SMSes are still affected though.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I have that since I bought my Pre 3 in September. Reported the issue to HP support and they acknowledged it as a known bug as many people reported it as well.

it is linked to the webOS as when I link my phone to my TP and someone calls me, I can see the number, name and picture on my TP, but only the number and voicemail as name on the phone.

So, I guess that if there won't be any future update to webOS 2.2.0 (for phones), as rumored at one time, then we are stuck with that bug...

I find it extremely annoying as it is a basic functionality for a phone to identify the calling number from your contacts!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Welli it happened me also. I couldn't figure out and I just remove my account from hpwebos.com, doctored and created another profile. Now it is all good but ****** you HP for not updating my EU Pre3 to 2.2.3
    Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    Yup its frustrating to anyone using the phone outside of country selection in the phone.

I had no such problems with 1.4.5 Most of my numbers especially landlines dont have country code prefixs so whenever i recieved the call phone would not reckognize it. Switching to others helped but not in Messaging app. If I get the SMS from someone that doesn't have Country Code prefix in my phonebook it just shows up as a number.

Also if you want to send text messages to numbers without country code prefix and if they start with zero (example: 044-xxx-xxxx) Messaging app will for some reason eleiminate that 0 and you will not be able to send the text. In order to fix this you have to turno off the international dialing in Phone app preference menu. If you do you can send the text message withou country code but it will not be matched with the phonebook as usual.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have the same issue and I'm running 2.2.3... It's really annoying! Why the heck HP doesn't support us?
    HP Pre 3