Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts or predictions if the price averaging around 250 would probably be the bottom?
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Maybe, I just picked up my third one for 200. I cannot believe that in 3 weeks these have dropped from 700+ to ~200... Idk how low they'll go.
    I'm not sure how low they'll end up either, but I'm also blown away by the speed of the price drop. Supply seems to be plentiful, though. Haven't been tracking sell-through rate well enough to judge demand.

Shot in the dark, but I'd guess they'll probably level out between $210-$230 for the next few months as webOS diehards continue to buy, and the webOS buzz is fed every now and then by HP news.

If you want a heart attack, check out the prices on the VZW Pre3s on eBay.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Seriously, verizon Pre's are going for insane amounts of money.
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    I've just managed to grab QWERTZ for 160EUR. It was bought in Media Markt for 79EUR so someone made 80 off me but I am still happy

I decided to go with Euro Spec PRE because of better clicky keyboard. From what I read ATT feels more mushy. And I will not have ATT branding at the back
    Quote Originally Posted by vladi View Post
    I've just managed to grab QWERTZ for 160EUR. It was bought in Media Markt for 79EUR so someone made 80 off me but I am still happy
    Your Pre 3 price better then me. I bought at 235. It was bought from Saturn at 85. But I'm happy with it. Even still want to buy AT&T someday at lowest price
    i paid 250 last night for a 16gb at&t pre 3 w/ touchstone and unlocking code. I feel like i got a good deal and im glad i waited. If they drop below 200 ill pick up another one and just keep it sealed in the box incase this one breaks.
    There's an ebay buy it now for $230 + free shipping.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Americans are used to paying around $200 for a smartphone (because they're normally subsidized). It takes a special kind of dedication to pay $400+. Auctions are a good way of identifying those people, but now we're into a more normal range.
    zachthemaster likes this.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    European QWERTY Pre 3's still cost $350+
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I would expect that a no contract phone would probably be in the 600-700 range anyway. That's what the iPhone is at, and I'm sure that's what the Pre3 would be at had it come out, so the premium is minimal.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cntchds View Post
    I would expect that a no contract phone would probably be in the 600-700 range anyway. That's what the iPhone is at, and I'm sure that's what the Pre3 would be at had it come out, so the premium is minimal.
    The HP Pre 3 is discontinued though.
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin View Post
    I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts or predictions if the price averaging around 250 would probably be the bottom?
    Like a previous member stated, they seem to be leveling out around 230ish. I paid 225+ free shipping, though that was an offer I made and luckily had it accepted.

One of my roommates is holding out to see if they drop any further, and I believe 200 will be their floor. It's still a great piece of hardware and we can look at the Touchpad to see how prices leveled out for cheaper-than-cost webOS devices. So, holding out could save you a few bucks... Then again, if you're a TRUE webOS lover...
    I want one, I'm waiting until I see one for $200 shipped and I'm in.
    Well, I feel like a sucker for paying 490.00 for an ATT Pre 3, 2 weeks ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Don't, you were one of the brave, an early-adopter.
    I know how you feel, I bought an AZERTY EU Pre3 for $350...
    Luckily managed to sell it for $310, but that's life!
    Last edited by DaDueler; 10/04/2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Wouldn't bother me. People pay more to be early adopters in tech. People can't tell how quickly a price is going to drop, especially for an item that is as rare as these phones are. No one can know how many of these AT&T and & Verizon Pre3s are out there. If its reasonable to pay $600 for an iphone 4S without contract, why feel like a sucker for doring the same for a Pre3?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poploser View Post
    Wouldn't bother me. People pay more to be early adopters in tech. People can't tell how quickly a price is going to drop, especially for an item that is as rare as these phones are. No one can know how many of these AT&T and & Verizon Pre3s are out there. If its reasonable to pay $600 for an iphone 4S without contract, why feel like a sucker for doring the same for a Pre3?
    Because the HP Pre 3 is discontinued, and inferior spec wise to the iPhone 4S, as well as many other reasons.
    They'll go lower. I've been watching the eBay prices and craigslist ads, and eBay trails craigslist. Lots of sub-$200 posts today.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast