fxspec06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Sorry, cut and pasted the wrong link.

HP Pre 3 4G - 16GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone | eBay
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Well, I feel like a sucker for paying 490.00 for an ATT Pre 3, 2 weeks ago...
    Don't feel bad, while I paid $385 the afternoon of 9/23, not 24 hours earlier, at least 3 people paid over $750 each! I'm annoyed that I did not have the patience to investigate the inventory options and hold out another week, but I am more annoyed that I paid $250 for my Pre2 in early July!!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Because the HP Pre 3 is discontinued, and inferior spec wise to the iPhone 4S, as well as many other reasons.
    missing my point. its not comparing the two phones. its recognizing that its perfectly normal for apple fans to rush out and overpay for an iphone 4S. in that same way, it would be perfectly reasonable for palm fans to rush out and snap up the pre3. in this case, the lack of supply (say all you want about how more there are likely to be, but no one can know for sure) only adds to the value.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poploser View Post
    missing my point. its not comparing the two phones. its recognizing that its perfectly normal for apple fans to rush out and overpay for an iphone 4S. in that same way, it would be perfectly reasonable for palm fans to rush out and snap up the pre3. in this case, the lack of supply (say all you want about how more there are likely to be, but no one can know for sure) only adds to the value.
    The fact that WebOS is dead, makes the value of the phone nearly worthless. This phone is barley a month old and costs $200 without contract.
    actually 176.49 after you pay the 30 bucks for shipping. not a bad deal at all though
    Quote Originally Posted by newbostonconst View Post
    I'm very tempted to get a second one as a spare...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I was amazed a few days ago when I saw that the prices had already dropped to the $250 range when they were $400+ just weeks ago. I had assumed I was going to keep my Pre 2 for a while, but I may end up with a Pre 3 afterall.

I really can't see them dropping much below $200. That's a great price for any smartphone off contract.
    pre4 likes this.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    crazy part is plenty of buy-it-now for 245 and people stilling bidding price up over 300.........ebay rookies....lol
    Yesterday Pre 3s on craigslist broke the sub-$200 mark. Today down to $170. Given that the people selling are still making a profit if they sell for anything above $75, they probably will drop even further.
    I'm surprised how fast they're dropping I'm going to try selling my pre 2 then buy a veer or pre 3 after I get my iPhone.
    just saw an AT&T pre3 go for $198.49 shipped.
    and then right after it a UK pre3 went for $189.49
    there's a new seller offering one at $162 shipped: HP Palm Pre 3 - 4G, 16GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone | eBay . I guess zero feedback is a small worry, but with e-bay buyer protection there shouldn't be an issue.

I wasn't feeling too bad about paying $325 for mine when the prices looked like they were settling at ~$250, but now that they're sub-$200 I feel I might have been a little impatient.
    Well if it ever drops past $100, I might get a second one as a backup... though I already have the Veer, Pre Plus and Pre...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    That $162.00 Pre 3 has already been sold. I would have pulled the trigger on that one but I ended up buying an unlocked AT&T Pre 3 bundled with the Palm car charger and Touchstone with expedited shipping for a total of $215.00 yesterday. I'm happy with the price though. It's crazy to think how much cheaper they will get.
    Quote Originally Posted by trng View Post
    Wow, you guys really did miss out on the deal of the century, got mine for $69 with unlock code, plus an AT&T 4G Touchpad 32GB for $138. The long wait in line was worth it.
    Not everyone lives close enough to have driven there. A $500 flight just to visit the Palm Store wasn't really an option...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Not everyone lives close enough to have driven there. A $500 flight just to visit the Palm Store wasn't really an option...
    Yeah if I lived within four hours I probably would've driven but 1000 miles wasn't an option. I still think $200 for a 16GB Pre 3 Unlocked and $90 for a 16GB Wi-Fi TouchPad shipped wasn't a bad deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by trng View Post
    Wow, you guys really did miss out on the deal of the century, got mine for $69 with unlock code, plus an AT&T 4G Touchpad 32GB for $138. The long wait in line was worth it.
    I just asked this forum member (which looks to be new to forums) to validate what he said in another thread regarding the sell out of touchpads in a store (he named the store being in sunnyvale ca. Where "thousands" of tablets went out the door) and he posts the date being 10/14/11 and I just did a simple thankyou for replying and my post gets deleted?? What on earth would be cause for deleting that?? Can a moderator chime in on this :/
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12