Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By emberlin
  1.    #1  
    I missed the pptp VPN option equal to the HP Touchpad 3.0.2 Version, and i don't know
    when the new Webos Version for the Pre3 with these Option comes.
    So here is my Way to make this running on the Pre3.
    !! Important Notice: You do it at your own risk !!

1. Thanks to webos-internals.org Team, please Donate them www.webos-internals.org
    2. Compile UberKernelPre3 with ppp Support (I know ist hard, ask for an ipk Package) and install it on Pre3
    3. Copy /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/vpnframework/ from Hp Touchpad to the same Path on the Pre3.
    4. Make a Backup from the Folder /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.vpn/ on the Pre3
    5. Copy /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.vpn/ from HP Touchpad to the same Path on Pre3
    6. Reboot and Test

[UPDATE]: too early happy, the installation of my own compiled UberKernel Pre3 ipk Package on a second device with the initial Webos Version fails with an error about md5sum check of additional *.ko files. It seems that the base source of Webos in a new device and the toolchain of webos-internals (which based on the Webos Doctored images from HP Palm) is different. My self compiled UberKernel Pre3 can be only installed on a first WebOS doctored Device... Sorry

For who is brave, i share my ipk File, but i say it again : You do it at your own risk !!
    And a another Notice, the new vpn App from Touchpad is not optimized for Pre3, Profile Configuration are better in Landscape Mode...

https://rapidshare.com/files/2960588....2.0-5_arm.zip
    Last edited by emberlin; 10/06/2011 at 03:08 AM. Reason: More Experiences
    Norf likes this.
    Any way you can share the UberKernel ipk with the ppp support added in? I'd be a very happy camper with PPTP on my Pre3!
    Fantastic — but is it possible to get this in some sort of distro form? Don't own a TouchPad so I have no way of pulling off.