Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Today I finally got my AT&T Pre 3. It is amazing and that can not be understated. This is my third webOS phone after a Pre 2 and Veer. Those previous phones were great because of software; their hardware left much to be desired. The Pre 3 is the best built webOS phone I've had. It is my favorite phone of the seven I've got in the last year and that is what is so bittersweet. The Pre 3 is the phone that webOS deserved. Now we have it but it was born stuck in the water. Even with that said I only have one piece of advice. If you have the chance to get a Pre 3, get it. There won't be a phone this special for a very long time.
    Last edited by Xpunksbeendeadx; 10/03/2011 at 08:35 PM.
    Ynshu, Sapient2k7 and sorli like this.
    Getting my Pre 3 soon, pretty excited.

Also, I see you changed it already, nevermind.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post

Also, I see you changed it already, nevermind.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Autocorrect struck again and foiled me haha.
    Just received my Pre 3 in the mail today, felt to me like an early Xmas opening up the package, lol. WOW, what a nice phone, glad I pulled the trigger and purchased one. I got almost 2 1/3 years out of my Sprint Pre (still works fine BTW), wonder how long my Pre 3 will go? Hopefully someone purchases webOS and builds new state of the art smartphones in the near future
    VCI_Cell likes this.
    Agree with all of the above. Mine arrived today, and it's just an amazing device.
  6.    #6  
    Getting the battery cover off was quite the battle of wills though.
    VCI_Cell and bevcraw like this.
    I got mine today

have not powered up yet... Right now it is useless without the unlock code
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpunksbeendeadx View Post
    Today I finally got my AT&T Pre 3. It is amazing and that can not be understated. This is my third webOS phone after a Pre 2 and Veer. Those previous phones were great because of software; their hardware left much to be desired. The Pre 3 is the best built webOS phone I've had. It is my favorite phone of the seven I've got in the last year and that is what is so bittersweet. The Pre 3 is the phone that webOS deserved. Now we have it but it was born stuck in the water. Even with that said I only have one piece of advice. If you have the chance to get a Pre 3, get it. There won't be a phone this special for a very long time.
    Couldn't agree with you more, Xpunksbeendeadx. I just received mine today and it's everything I'd hoped for and more.
    Getting the battery cover off was quite the battle of wills though.
    Ha! So true! I actually RTFMed over that!
    7 phones in the last year??
    You might want to consider therapy....
    Today I finally got my AT&T Pre 3.
    sorry if this has been asked as i have not kept up with the process but how did you get it? And, will at&t let it run on their network?

I thought they were not for sale. Did you have to buy it over seas or something?

Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Yeah that's wild. I've only had 3 phones in 10 years.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    sorry if this has been asked as i have not kept up with the process but how did you get it? And, will at&t let it run on their network?

I thought they were not for sale. Did you have to buy it over seas or something?

Yeah that's wild. I've only had 3 phones in 10 years.
    There's a bunch of pre3's on ebay.

anyway at&t doesn't care what phone is running on their network.
    Quote Originally Posted by maoshouse View Post
    There's a bunch of pre3's on ebay.

anyway at&t doesn't care what phone is running on their network.
    i see. I wonder how the people selling them got them. Regardless, i've heard either sprint or verizon (forgot which one) will refuse to activate phones on it's network that it doesn't want. I don't remember exactly which one but i think it was Sprint and mentioned by someone in the context of activating a verizon iphone on sprint. I thought AT&T may be the same. That said i guess there's that sim card switching thing too.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Congrats to the OP and all Pre3 owners in this thread. I agree with everything that's been said here, but most especially with the "early Xmas" comment and the RTFMing over the damn battery cover.

This monster still gives me butterflies to use! Never thought I'd see webOS in such a beefy package, and performance is a dream!
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Yep I agree with problem open back cover at first time use

Battery usage on Pre 3 now really good after I read article at webOSRoundUp here

The weird thing is that tips never works good on my Verizon Pre+, or Veer, but works good on Pre 3.
    Got mine Saturday. Using it with my AT&T pre-paid account (currently locked to At&T). Haven't taken the "don't txt/drive" cover yet waiting for my accessories bundle to arrive

I am having an issue with my touchstone charger (bought for my veer but never used). Pre 3 sticks to it but I don't get a charging icon. Going to go through he forums today to see if I can get it fixed.
    Found the problem. It doesn't like my third party charger. On the original Pre adapter it works fine. I can put my PRe3 on both horizontal and vertical direction and get it charged
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    i see. I wonder how the people selling them got them. Regardless, i've heard either sprint or verizon (forgot which one) will refuse to activate phones on it's network that it doesn't want. I don't remember exactly which one but i think it was Sprint and mentioned by someone in the context of activating a verizon iphone on sprint. I thought AT&T may be the same. That said i guess there's that sim card switching thing too.
    The people selling AT&T Pre3's on ebay are HP employees, or know an HP employee, and got them from the HP webOS store. There is no other way to get them. HP is apparently providing unlock codes with each phone, as every single AT&T Pre3 I've seen listed comes with an unlock code (or is already unlocked). The AT&T Pre3's have no warranty or support from HP or AT&T (officially they don't exist), but work just fine.

There are also UK & Euro spec Pre3's for sale, which came from various retail channels in europe. These do have support and warranty from HP.

There are a small number of Verizon Pre3's trickling out as well, at very high prices. These come from the same source as the AT&T Pre3's - HP employees buying them from HP's webOS store, and again have no warranty or support. There were rumors that Verizon would not activate these, but several people so far have purchased them and activated them without issue. Another new rumor says that HP has stopped (or will stop) selling Verizon Pre3's, but this could just be a means to keep the ebay prices up... still, surprisingly few have come up for sale.

Sprint won't activate Verizon phones, and vice-versa. So there will be no Pre3's running on Sprint.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Smarthphones are my hobby really. It's not bad if you buy on eBay also. I love them all haha.
    Yeppee, got my Pre 3 up to speed, copied and pasted all of my files from "downloads" and "ringtones" from my Sprint Pre onto my Pre 3. Also, I have Preware and Govnah installed too. You read posts in here on how the Pre 3 just fits in your hand so nice with its shape and balance but until you actually hold one you truly cannot appreciate it fully. Really a beautiful phone and the keyboard/screen is awesome. IMO, I think it is the godilocks sizw, not too big, not too small, just right This phone is so fast and smooth and if anyone is thinking of getting one, my advice is to do it with the prices on ebay and craigs list dropping now.

Heads up, when you take your phone in to activate it (coming from another carrier) have them sign it up as a business (no activation fee ) but you have to go to a corporate store to get the month to month billing with no contract. They also set you up to get the 4g data too. With the 450 minutes, unlimited texting/mobile to mobile calling and 2GB data (I never go over 1GB) it was only 5 bucks more a month than Sprint and no 2 year contract, yayyy. The salesman thought it was a really cool phone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast