Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    because my ATT Palm Pre Plus works perfectly. So, I'm set for a while. I plugged the SIM card in the Pre3, opened up a new Palm Profile, downloaded the 2.2.3 firmware, made sure the email worked with WiFi, backed it up, removed the battery and SIM card, put it back in the box, and stored it away for when the Pre Plus crashes. I don't know how long I will last as that's some phone, fast, big screen, Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Xpunksbeendeadx View Post
    Getting the battery cover off was quite the battle of wills though.
    I got a TouchPad from the bay area, too. Thank you, to both of you HP employees that scalped your company's products, that I bought.
    Last edited by jim_buchanan; 10/04/2011 at 07:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I got mine today

have not powered up yet... Right now it is useless without the unlock code
    Check out http://www.palmunlocker.com/

I used them. They were great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpunksbeendeadx View Post
    Today I finally got my AT&T Pre 3. It is amazing and that can not be understated. This is my third webOS phone after a Pre 2 and Veer. Those previous phones were great because of software; their hardware left much to be desired. The Pre 3 is the best built webOS phone I've had. It is my favorite phone of the seven I've got in the last year and that is what is so bittersweet. The Pre 3 is the phone that webOS deserved. Now we have it but it was born stuck in the water. Even with that said I only have one piece of advice. If you have the chance to get a Pre 3, get it. There won't be a phone this special for a very long time.
    amazing if you want to pay 700 and up from the thieves who got the Verizon version and sell on ebay, no matter how good the phone is, its reputation is tarnished from HP and poor handling. Unbelievable, these thieves with the Verizon versions can sell these phones, ps I gave Verizon my opinion for activating them, us webOS lovers should be treated equal and not by who can exploit the available devices with money. I feel like today is a breakup day for me and webOS, I will not be bullied
    It's sad to see prices driven up by profiteers on ebay. I hate that place so much. WHO CAN BUY A ITEM OFF THERE ANYMORE WITH OUT FEELING LIKE A TOTAL MORON FOR ACTUALLY BELIEVING IN AUCTION FAIRNESS!
    The people driving up the prices are not the sellers. It's the buyers! The sellers could be starting the auctions at $10 and the price would still go up to $800 if someone wanted to bid that much. If someone is fanatical enough and has deep enough pockets, they are soon parted from their money. Unfortunately, loving WebOS doesn't count as to who gets a Verizon Pre 3. It's the amount of money one is willing to part with.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    The people driving up the prices are not the sellers. It's the buyers! The sellers could be starting the auctions at $10 and the price would still go up to $800 if someone wanted to bid that much. If someone is fanatical enough and has deep enough pockets, they are soon parted from their money. Unfortunately, loving WebOS doesn't count as to who gets a Verizon Pre 3. It's the amount of money one is willing to part with.
    when I say the price isbeing fixed I mean it's being fixed. I looked at the bid history and one person made 8 bids driving the price up $5 at a time in a 1@ minute time frame. I checked his buyer history. if they want a certain amount to be made start it at that price. playing price hike games is not cool.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Actually, the bidder probably put one maximum bid in, and you're seeing the auto-bids that happen when others bid against him. It looks like they made multiple bids, but they really didn't.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisac49 View Post
    amazing if you want to pay 700 and up from the thieves who got the Verizon version and sell on ebay, no matter how good the phone is, its reputation is tarnished from HP and poor handling. Unbelievable, these thieves with the Verizon versions can sell these phones, ps I gave Verizon my opinion for activating them, us webOS lovers should be treated equal and not by who can exploit the available devices with money. I feel like today is a breakup day for me and webOS, I will not be bullied
    It's just supply and demand. No one needs a pre3. It's a luxury item. If people want one that bad for $700, so be it. If I had one and can unload it for $700 or more, I'd be selling it and laughing all the way to the bank. Wouldn't you??
    Finally, I got a Pre 3 from UK eBay through a friend in U.K. (~$300), and will replace my aged but faithful Treo 680.

I'm quite impressed with the UI, gestures and the form factor, though a bit disappointed with sometimes slow response and too-long-startup time. Memos application is also a disappointment, specially when compared to the one on Treo.

Right now searching Pre Central forums for a good Outlook synchronization option.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo.55 View Post
    when I say the price isbeing fixed I mean it's being fixed.
    If you see evidence of a seller bidding on his own stuff to drive the price up, report it to eBay. That kind of seller is scum and should the thrown off eBay. I don't know what an autobid looks like but something like that might be a valid explanation.
    How the autobid works is:
    Let's say the current bid is at $50 for product x and the maximum you are willing to pay for the product is $125. Instead of bidding $55, presumably this is the minimum incremantal amount required, you would simply state your maximum bid, i.e. $125. Now neither would the seller, nor would any other bidders be able to see the $125 bid. Instead they would just see the $55 bid. But if and when someone else bids higher than your $55 bid, the sytem will automatically place your bid with the next incremantal amount. This would continue to happen automatically, until the bid amount reaches your maximum bid of $125. It is because of the 'autobid' feature, that many times you make a bid and immediately you are told that you have been outbid.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12