Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By TopTongueBarry
  • 3 Post By Cantaffordit
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to find a pre3 16 gig with a non branded at&t back for sale? and do they sell replacement back covers for the pre3?

every 16 gig unlocked model I've found has been branded. I would love to have one without the carrier name on it. or completely blank.
    tried acetone yet?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    cujoq37 and xandros9 like this.
    I don't mind the ATT, but I may need a new back cover soon or later when I eventually break it. This cover is even harder to remove than the Pixi's.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    tried acetone yet?

what is that? a chemical to remove the logo?
    An Euro Pre 3 back would be the best bet. But good luck finding one.
  6.    #6  
    i know. so i guess my question is. is there a euro pre 3 8 gig model. im tempted to just get the 8 gig model. but it costs at least 100 more than the 16 gig us model. seems like a bit of a waste, half the capacity and 100 more expensive just for a price of plastic without a logo on it. i dunno.........
    use the apple sticker that comes with every apple product. The phone will also double in value on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingka View Post
    i know. so i guess my question is. is there a euro pre 3 8 gig model. im tempted to just get the 8 gig model. but it costs at least 100 more than the 16 gig us model. seems like a bit of a waste, half the capacity and 100 more expensive just for a price of plastic without a logo on it. i dunno.........
    Actually it appears that one merit of the unbranded back is that the Touchstone magnets are stronger.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  9.    #9  
    i'll pay 50 bucks for an unbranded back case... any sellers? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kingka View Post
    what is that? a chemical to remove the logo?
    It's nail polish remover...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    It's nail polish remover...
    rubbing nail polish remover with a cotton ball makes the AT&T logo come right off. you just need to use a little bit of pressure. the logo is just some paint on top of the cover.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Does the acetone leave the plastic in tact or does it mar the soft-touch coating?
    End up using regular rubbing alcohol on mine. Didn't completely go away at first, but it's pretty much gone by now.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Actually it appears that one merit of the unbranded back is that the Touchstone magnets are stronger.
    I've found this to be true also. Not sure why though.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.