Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I've never seen one on sale. Anyone have one?

FYI the Pre3 touchstones have some sort of location aware ability.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    clove have them, but don't eat them all up before I get some money please
    Nokia 1110 ---------> S-E J300i ---> HTC Touch ------> HTC Hero --------------> HP Pre 3

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    no they are the same touchstone that have been sold for few years.
    I believe there is no new touchstones for the Pre3.
    $46 USD, they can keep them. I'm making do with my bevy of $4.99 Verizon original touchstones
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I've never heard of a new Touchstone for the Pre3?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    There was a wireless audio/charging dock that went for FCC approval right at the time where everything hit the fan. I doubt they had produced any other than prototypes.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    I always assumed that the pre3 touchstone wasn't a priority (since the old touchstones sort of work), and leo's announcement put paid to them ever coming out.

I suspect they planned to include the audio docking in all pre3 Touchstones, with an extra jack to plug in 'pre3 touchstone speakers (sold separately)'.

Plus it would've fitted the pre3 curve nicely. Oh well. At least we can always have the palm logo.

And just to confirm, I have both an old palm one and a 'new' pre3 one. They are identical, save the hp one works better (build tolerance luck) and came in different packaging.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jeromem75 View Post
    no they are the same touchstone that have been sold for few years.
    I believe there is no new touchstones for the Pre3.
    there is, they're on clove. You can notice some subtle aesthetic differences, trust me, take a closer look.
    Nokia 1110 ---------> S-E J300i ---> HTC Touch ------> HTC Hero --------------> HP Pre 3

probably cancelled with all the other webos hardware that was in the pipeline.
    nope.
    I have just checked the item on clove.co.uk and it does seem to have a larger border edge the original TS i purchased along with my pre+. My question to whoever owns one these pre3 TS's is, is it worth it? At the moment clove is selling it for £30. i own a pre3 and i dont want to miss out on anything that makes this phone more awsome.
    Last edited by DreadVenom; 10/04/2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: adding extra
    Product code on Clove says 3454WW. A search on that points back to the regular Touchstone.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here