Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Goyena
  1.    #1  
    As you know the Pre always made an apperience in Desperate Housewives, more specifically Sprint devices in general. I saw this weird webOS device though. I don't know what it is. I'm thinking another one of HP's plan unfolding? and could it be a Sprint device being that Desperate Housewives is mostly twisted with Sprint? Also, in a picture below i circled where I think the HP logo is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zacky59; 10/03/2011 at 05:17 AM.
    that's definitely not a Pre3. looks like a normal Pre to me.

edit: and in the 4th pic I can't say for sure but it looks like you've circled the 'p' in 'palm'.

sorry, nothing to see here. move along.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    That's a normal Pre. The original Pre's plastic lip is much wider than the Pre 3's.

The odd thing is... Why's he answering the call with the keyboard slid out?!
    It's not that odd, I do it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    That's a normal Pre. The original Pre's plastic lip is much wider than the Pre 3's.

The odd thing is... Why's he answering the call with the keyboard slid out?!
    Why not? I always slide open my phone to answer and slide it shut to hang up. If anything the microphone is near the keyboard.

Which is why I'm sorely missing the Close Slider to Hang Up patch on my Pre 3...
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Which is why I'm sorely missing the Close Slider to Hang Up patch on my Pre 3...
    Tony, miss no more. It's been available for a while in one of Sconix' Advanced Patches (I don't know which one, cause I just install 'em all). Check out Tweaks.

You can configure "Slider Opened", "Slider Closed" and even "Power button".

I'm still sort of not impressed with how slow the Pre 3 to open the call once you've swiped/pushed/slid open the phone. Apparently the fact that the radio chip is squatting a healthy portion of the user available memory didn't help performance at all.

Have fun! (BTW, I always slide my phone open to answer, slide shut to close. Seems like the normal way to do things, even if you're not Neo.)
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    brum likes this.
    That's what I tried (Advanced System Prefs for Phone), but I can't find the Switches section I see in the screenshots.

Still don't understand why didn't HP made this stock.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Look in Tweaks. (Or install Tweaks first, THEN look in it. ;-)
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Install "Tweaks" from Preware and you can select what opening and closing the slider does to calls. Be careful though... mine is particularly sensitive and would think it was being closed with the slightest movement of the slider, meaning a lot of early hang-ups before I realised what was going on (thought it was reception issues to start with).
    See it now. But does this one support hangup only on handset (i.e. don't hangup with Bluetooth and headphones?)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Doesn't hang up with bluetooth at least. Don't know about headphones. Got a pair? (of headphones )
    Tried it, works fine for headphones. Gonna try Bluetooth tonight and going to add the Thanks, on the mobile site now.

Thanks!