1.    #1  
    So I got my new ATT Pre 3 and began the process of finding all of the patches that made my Pre Plus great. But I am surprised by the lack of any patches for 4*4 or changes to make a smaller icon. Am I just missing something or has it not been developed yet? Any help is appreciated!
    It isn't possible in the 2.x and beyond OS versions. That ability ended with the 1.x versions unfortunately.
    Like so many other aspects of webOS, not only does HP not want to provide basic confifgurability, but they also don't want you to be able to add it in either.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Like so many other aspects of webOS, not only does HP not want to provide basic confifgurability, but they also don't want you to be able to add it in either.
    Is this saying that HP has not released the code that controls how the icons appear?
    Well, neither HP nor Palm has ever technically released the code to the OS itself, for any version of webOS. It's just that most of code was written in javascript, which is just stored as plain text. You could just read it.

My guess is, the part of the code that dealt with icon layout was moved to compiled native code to increase speed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps