1.    #1  
    For you current pre 3 owners.....

Does the slight movement of the slider activate the screen on the pre 3 as easily as it does on the veer? My biggest gripe about the veer is how sensitive the screen is to the slider mechanism.

Just curious if the pre 3 is the same way?
    In my Pre 3 I have to fully open keyboard to activate screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
    In my Pre 3 I have to fully open keyboard to activate screen.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by zachthemaster View Post
    +1
    +1
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Must be fully open on the pre 3. As in you only ativate the screen when you feel the tap at the end of the slider.
  6.    #6  
    Good to hear. Can't wait for my pre3 to show up so I can try it out.
    Interesting! Mine (UK 8GB QWERTY) activates the screen halfway up (have tested, and it activates precisely just after two keyboard rows became visible)

But if you half-open it past the third visible keyboard row, and switch the screen off at that point, it will stay off until you slide it fully-open.

SEems like it has two "activation points" for the screen along it's path, strange.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mich.bushi View Post
    Interesting! Mine (UK 8GB QWERTY) activates the screen halfway up (have tested, and it activates precisely just after two keyboard rows became visible)

But if you half-open it past the third visible keyboard row, and switch the screen off at that point, it will stay off until you slide it fully-open.

SEems like it has two "activation points" for the screen along it's path, strange.
    Even this would be fine. My Veer's slider is so sensitive it will literally turn the screen on after sliding just a couple of millimeters. I had to put a pin lock on the veer to keep it from doing its own thing in my pocket. I never had a problem like that with my pre and I will be super happy if this is not a concern with the pre3.

I hate using a pin lock and the veer drives me nuts because of its slider's sensitivity.
    My Pre 3 sadly does not turn on when you slide it open. Sometimes wouldn't even turn on when you hit the spacebar. Only way to turn it on is to hit the power button.

Doctoring it now, wish the Repair Utility was upgraded already though :P

Also, this is an upgrade from the Pre 2, so it could be that.