Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 2 Post By Vociferous
  • 2 Post By fkpaul
  1.    #1  
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...uch-share.html

So this gave me an idea... if TouchPads can touch together to activate TTS, I wonder if back to back Pre 3s will work?

We can start high fiving each other when we see another Pre 3 on the street if it does.

And it would be so cool if we can exchange vCards like this.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    How very 70's of you :-)
    cubeover and retroblu like this.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I'm fairly sure you need to pair the devices via bluetooth before you can use touch to share making it a very energy intensive high five.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Pre 3 to Touchpad or Pre 3 to Pre 3 looks pretty normal.

But IMO, Touchpad to Touchpad sharing just sounds ********. At least the way I visualise two people hitting their tablets together.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Actually, I reckon TTS between two TP's would have been an awesome feature to have, if HP had continued its development and support of the webOS tablet. In a business context, two or more folk meet, with their TP's in hand, decide to share a document or presentation when meeting. No need to email or print a h/copy. Just TTS.

Just my 2c :-P hehehe

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    phil71 and retroblu like this.
    Only like 200 Pre 3's exist lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpaul View Post
    Actually, I reckon TTS between two TP's would have been an awesome feature to have, if HP had continued its development and support of the webOS tablet. In a business context, two or more folk meet, with their TP's in hand, decide to share a document or presentation when meeting. No need to email or print a h/copy. Just TTS.

Just my 2c :-P hehehe

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Well in that case they should have TWO sensors, one the usual spot and one in the back. The positioning of the sensor right now is awkward for that purpose. It works, but it's awkward.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Which is what makes us special. Special like Special K.
    I wish it could share webOS with all the other devices. Like a virus thing, with built-in exploits for Android's and Apple's systems to inject the evil code and procreate, procreate, take over...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I'll bet on there being way more than that! Look at the prices on eBay. HP is letting employees buy up to 12 at $75 ea now.

Nice bonus before they hand em their pink slips.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  11.    #11  
    RIM's new "BlackBerry Tag" feature will be coming soon to NFC BlackBerry smartphones | MobileSyrup.com

Just as I was talking about this... RIM is implementing it.

Oh what could've been.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well in that case they should have TWO sensors, one the usual spot and one in the back. The positioning of the sensor right now is awkward for that purpose. It works, but it's awkward.
    Front to back TTS works on the TP.... actually pretty annoying since it doesn't do anything. I always end up with our TP's BT tethered because I set them on top of eachother in the living room.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    TTS is a nice feature but I wish it worked for more than just a url. My wife and I have TPs and Pre 3s and we use TTS between all of them. Like OldSkoolVWLover said, TTS on the TPs work front to back. The Pre 3s work back to back.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyhawk77 View Post
    TTS is a nice feature but I wish it worked for more than just a url. My wife and I have TPs and Pre 3s and we use TTS between all of them. Like OldSkoolVWLover said, TTS on the TPs work front to back. The Pre 3s work back to back.
    Well the current iteration of TTS is more of a proof of concept. I'm pretty sure the original plan was to further expand it as more devices come out. But we all know how that plan went...
    I only wish that the messaging sync between Pre3 and TP would be better. When connected, using the TP for messaging works fine, but none of the sent messages using the phone show up on the touchpad.

At the very least, when sending a message from the phone it should also show up on the tablet.

At best, all messages should synchronize when the devices are reconnected so it doesnt just look like a bunch of incoming sms on the tablet and not showing any outgoing sms.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums