1.    #1  
    I have an unlocked AT&T Pre3 with a T-Mobile SIM; it's been active for about 48 hours. So far the System Updates app reports "Your phone is up to date" even though I am still on 2.2.0. I was certainly not expecting this, I thought the OTA updates came through HP and just checked which variant of the phone it is. Apparently the carrier you're activated on makes a difference too?

Is Doctoring my only recourse? Or it there some other explanation for why I have no OTA update?
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 10/02/2011 at 04:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    My UK Pre 3 has gotten system updates OTA on T-Mobile
  3.    #3  
    hmmm... interesting, but perhaps a different scenario since all uk/euro-spec Pre3's are unlocked from the factory and are expected to be used on any random carrier.

anyone with an AT&T Pre3 on T-Mobile get the OTA update?
    You need to doctor to the latest version (2.2.3). After that, if there are updates, you should get them OTA, regardless of your carrier.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    You need to doctor to the latest version (2.2.3). After that, if there are updates, you should get them OTA, regardless of your carrier.
    I went ahead and doctored it to 2.2.3, no problem at all. hopefully future OTA's will work as you say (and hopefully there will actually be some!), but if not doctoring is pretty painless.
    I got my 2.2.3 OTA via Bell just fine.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I have an unlocked AT&T Pre3 with a T-Mobile SIM; it's been active for about 48 hours. So far the System Updates app reports "Your phone is up to date" even though I am still on 2.2.0. I was certainly not expecting this, I thought the OTA updates came through HP and just checked which variant of the phone it is. Apparently the carrier you're activated on makes a difference too?

Is Doctoring my only recourse? Or it there some other explanation for why I have no OTA update?
    What are your data speeds (speedtest.net) using the pre3 on Tmobile?
    French Pre3, French carrier, no OTA either...
    I really wonder what's wrong.