Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by zefyx View Post
    For $60 a month you get unlimited talk, text, and data service on a AT&T MNVO, H2O Wireless. To me, its worth it.
    Does H2O give you HSPA+ speeds or just 3G?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    for at&t pre 3 users why not get the pre 3 unlocked get a straight talk nokia e71&sim activate the plan on the e71 then take the sim and put it in the pre 3 and change the apn's and bam $45 a month for unlimited talk text and faux 4g. thats what i plan on doing when my pre gets here this week
    Does my Pre3 have to be unlocked for this, and does it really work? I have already spent 50 dollars on the go phone plan that doesn't work. I'd prefer not to go get the straight talk account and have it not work. Any advice?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    Does H2O give you HSPA+ speeds or just 3G?
    Yes! It is throttled to 500KB/s though, unfortunately.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by zefyx View Post
    Yes! It is throttled to 500KB/s though, unfortunately.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sorry, how does that compare to ATT 3G and ATT HSPA+ speeds?
  5. #25  
    if he means 500KB/s, as in 500 kiloBYTES per second, that would be plenty faster than regular 3G, and well into HSPA+ fauxG speeds.

    if he really means 500kb/s, as in 500 kilobits per second, then that's pretty slow by 3G standards, and is closer to a really good 2.5G EDGE data connection (which theoretically peak at 1mbps, but have typical speeds around 400kb/s.). For phone usage, 500kb/s is still pretty fast, and as a throttled high-speed connection it should also be very consistent.
  6.    #26  
    Went to B.B, purchased a sim for 10$, went online and activated it. Stuck it in the Pre3 and changed the APN- Good to go. Works great. Not sure how fast it is, but it is working. Next thought is to see if the Straight Talk plan would work, and if it's any faster sped-wise... Anyone who knows, plese fill me in.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by needmoretime View Post
    Does my Pre3 have to be unlocked for this, and does it really work? I have already spent 50 dollars on the go phone plan that doesn't work. I'd prefer not to go get the straight talk account and have it not work. Any advice?
    I am using ST and it is working fine. Pre 3 is my first Smartphone and I have no experience performing all the magic I read about here on the forum. I was able to activate my Pre3, get an Acct. set up and edit the APN for ST. It now works fine on ST using the Nokia E-71 SIM. $45.00 month, less if you purchase a 3 month refill. ( $42.00 I think )
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    for at&t pre 3 users why not get the pre 3 unlocked get a straight talk nokia e71&sim activate the plan on the e71 then take the sim and put it in the pre 3 and change the apn's and bam $45 a month for unlimited talk text and faux 4g. thats what i plan on doing when my pre gets here this week
    Thats all you have to do and the test message and mms works.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions