Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Is there like a beginners guide as to what to patch and tweak on a brand new Pre 3 that will be unlocked and used in Australia?
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Liski View Post
    Is there like a beginners guide as to what to patch and tweak on a brand new Pre 3 that will be unlocked and used in Australia?
    erm...This thread just looks unnecessary(I mean Shouldn't put Australia),sorry to tell you that...

Because the patch and tweaks are not region-specific, but device specific,depends on the pre 3 you bought,whether it is (AT&T,UK, etc...)

When comes to patch and tweaks,firstly what you need is Preware,it'll just open the door to patches and homebrew apps. Therefore,everything pretty easy,just lauch the Preware and download the patches that you need.

Personally, I reckon that

1)uber calendar
    2)advanced system behaviour
    3)advanced system framework
    4)unthrottle download.
    5)govnah
    6)uberkernel for pre 3

and more,depends on your personal needs.

Again, don't worry about the patches and tweaks,it is not region specific. And make sure you activate your pre 3 to the correct App catalogue by using Impostah thats the crucial one.

FYI, I'm using UK qwerty pre 3 on Telstra.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I added Australia due to the App Catalogue mostly. I guess I get it unlocked with the NextG SIM inside while in dev mode??

Do I use my Australian Palm profile that I use with my TouchPad and then use Impostah to get access to the US App Catalogue? Or do I create a new Palm profile and choose US?

I applied for a usunlocked US pre-paid credit card. So I'm just confused as to what I need to go do the App Catalogue.
    Last edited by Liski; 10/02/2011 at 02:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I added Australia due to the App Catalogue mostly. I guess I get it unlocked with the NextG SIM inside while in dev mode??

Do I use my Australian Palm profile that I use with my TouchPad and then use Impostah to get access to the US App Catalogue? Or do I create a new Palm profile and choose US?

I applied for a usunlocked US pre-paid credit card. So I'm just confused as to what I need to go do the App Catalogue.
    Actually app catalogue does not includes patches or tweaks,that;s not a worry now.

Personally, I would suggest you create a new account and unlock your pre 3 to Australia app catalogue, then you will have two accounts that tied to different region which is good. because as stated by an Australian pre 3 user (jodihansen),she has proved that the palm profiles are interchangeable, that's means if the usunlocked card is not working,you still have the Australia palm profile. Then, you can use this account on either touchpad or pre 3 to buy apps using Australia credit card.

Say if you unlock both your device to US app catalogue or login using your current touchpad palm profile. Then, both your device will be tied to US app catalogue. If some unlucky situation happens,usunlocked card is not working,you will be stucked with free apps forever.

I'm in this situation right now,because I don't own a touchpad,I got just one palm profile and I unlocked my pre 3 to US app catalogue,now I have stucked with free apps for about 3 weeks. Furthermore, nobody can confirm the USunlocked card is usable in Australia or whether it is legit, because when you are buying the usunlocked virtual credit card,they required you to send some documents. Personally, I feel unsecure about it.

By the way, check this thread out,because some aussies are trying to buy the usunlocked card and they will report back in few days time.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...gift-card.html

Lastly,personally I think that it is more secure for your to create two palm profiles,one for us app catalogue and one for Aus app catalogue.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Is there a difference to activating vs not activating a Pre 3? Why do some not activate their phones?

My existing profile I use on my TouchPad is actually for the Australian store, so I guess I create a US based on for the Pre 3 - based on how you mention to have 2 different profiles for 2 different regions??

Sorry for all the questions. I have been a massive webOS fan and finally got to experience it with the TouchPad and I am over the mood that I have a Pre 3 on the way.
    brum likes this.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Well, I'm wondering how you enter in your credit card/debit card details for the australian app cat too. I've got a Pre 3 in Sydney right now, I can see the australian app cat and can get to the credit card screen (specifically mentioning Australia) yet when I enter in my number, it says a field is required or doesn't exist!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Fatfool - I remember reading on Whirlpool that Impostah was causing a problem about a field. Try remove Impostah and see if that mysterious field appears, I think it was/is state.

I'm guessing that the new Pre's don't have the same issue as the previous ones where it would activate according to the SIM origin?
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Is there a difference to activating vs not activating a Pre 3? Why do some not activate their phones?

My existing profile I use on my TouchPad is actually for the Australian store, so I guess I create a US based on for the Pre 3 - based on how you mention to have 2 different profiles for 2 different regions??

Sorry for all the questions. I have been a massive webOS fan and finally got to experience it with the TouchPad and I am over the mood that I have a Pre 3 on the way.
    Hey buddy, I think it is only developers leave the device unactivate,because I'm pretty sure if you don't activate your device, you can't access to any cellular services.

Sorry for getting you wrong,I thought your touchpad was with the Aus app cat. So yea, you should activate your pre 3 to US app cat. Then,you'll get the best of both world. you are welcome to ask as many questions as you like, welcome to this best community ever. Not just webOs is awesome,but the people here are real awesome.

Hope these helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    Well, I'm wondering how you enter in your credit card/debit card details for the australian app cat too. I've got a Pre 3 in Sydney right now, I can see the australian app cat and can get to the credit card screen (specifically mentioning Australia) yet when I enter in my number, it says a field is required or doesn't exist!
    Unfortunately, the Pre 3's OS is missing the required state drop-down for Australian activation. My solution was to create a profile for my Touchpad, (which provides the state drop-down), with AUS App Catalog access and use Impostah to change the Pre3 over to that profile and get AUS App Catalog access on the Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Fatfool - I remember reading on Whirlpool that Impostah was causing a problem about a field. Try remove Impostah and see if that mysterious field appears, I think it was/is state.

I'm guessing that the new Pre's don't have the same issue as the previous ones where it would activate according to the SIM origin?
    Oh, I've wiped the phone and done the usual sign in. No impostah there. It takes me straight to the Australian app cat since I activated it for the Australian cat the first time.

And the odd thing is that when I sign into my Pre 3 with the old Pre plus account, I get the UK app cat instead. (it's repeatable, I can switch back to the australian cat by signing into another account)
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Unfortunately, the Pre 3's OS is missing the required state drop-down for Australian activation. My solution was to create a profile for my Touchpad, (which provides the state drop-down), with AUS App Catalog access and use Impostah to change the Pre3 over to that profile and get AUS App Catalog access on the Pre 3.

Dang dang dang!! So close yet so far. I'm certainly not going to buy a touchpad just to do that; what I need is a phone and the Pre 3 makes a darn good one)
    Dang dang dang!! So close yet so far. I'm certainly not going to buy a touchpad just to do that; what I need is a phone and the Pre 3 makes a darn good one)
    You might as well 'bug' HP for an update to add the state drop-down. Who knows, maybe they do intend to continue development. :-)
    What phone number to call AT&T for Pre 3 unlock? Do I need to be a legit client of AT&T or they just need IMEI?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    You might as well 'bug' HP for an update to add the state drop-down. Who knows, maybe they do intend to continue development. :-)
    Hmm okay, which email address or individual do I contact for this sort of thing?
    Hmm okay, which email address or individual do I contact for this sort of thing?
    I was going to suggest this one "http://www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html" , but it redirects to an unrelated feedback page now. I tried without success to find a relevant link. Maybe somebody else can suggest a current useful one.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I was going to suggest this one "http://www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html" , but it redirects to an unrelated feedback page now. I tried without success to find a relevant link. Maybe somebody else can suggest a current useful one.
    Okie, I'll be campin'. By the way do your contacts not match your SMSes/calls because of the +61 country code?
    I have that problem. Doubled up the contact numbers, but I have installed the patch "Fix AU Dial Plan" recently in the hope that it will fix that.

EDIT: Apparently the patch only addresses problems accessing 1800/1300 numbers.
    Last edited by johncc; 11/23/2011 at 03:53 AM.
    brum likes this.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I have that problem. Doubled up the contact numbers, but I have installed the patch "Fix AU Dial Plan" recently in the hope that it will fix that.
    Dang! That's gotta be one of the most ridiculous bugs I've seen so far.

Is that a Preware patch?
    Okie, I'll be campin'. By the way do your contacts not match your SMSes/calls because of the +61 country code?
    I've been wondering why that's happening on my Pre3. Didn't have that problem with my Pre-.
    Dang! That's gotta be one of the most ridiculous bugs I've seen so far.

Is that a Preware patch?
    Yes it is.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast