Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    if i install sprint nav app from sprint pre- doctor onto the pre3 will the sprint navigation app work? i was able to get it to work on my franken pre2 but i havent attempted it on the pre3.
    What network are you on? I would imagine it would be NO for all networks except Sprint.

Now, if you can get a Pre3 to work on Sprint, let me know!
  3.    #3  
    sorry i have an att pre3 running on att. i havent tried att nav but i love sprint navigation and was wondering if i could get it to work on an att pre3
    The keyword here is "Sprint" so no it won't work but I hear you, I love the Sprint nav too.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Sprint Nav has nothing to do with being on Sprints network. I use the Sprint Nav app on my Pre 2 up here in Canada on Bell Mobile. The service is provided by Telenav. As long as you have an account with them it should work. As far as installing it on a Pre 3 you shouldn't need to if its an ATT Pre 3 as the ATT nav app is also provided by Telenav. The app will look almost the same.
  6.    #6  
    yes I know but att charges for it and I don't want to pay
    I think he was also referring to the fact that at&t charges for their nav app and was wondering if he could use the Sprint app and avoid being charged for it.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    so are you on sprints network right now with the frankenpre or att?
  9.    #9  
    my Pre 3 is on on att. I remember when I sprintified my pre2 I installed sprint nav on it. I was wondering if I could run sprint nav on an att pre3 running on att.
  10.    #10  
    i just tried and no success. i would like to replace the att navigation on my att pre3 with the sprint navigation app. how do i do it?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    what did you try?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    you should be able to install the ipk but once you're on ATTs network you'll have to pay telenav to use the sprint app
  13.    #13  
    I extracted the sprint navigation from sprint doctor and tried to install it to my att pre3 using internalz pro and no luck anyone else want to give it a shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    I extracted the sprint navigation from sprint doctor and tried to install it to my att pre3 using internalz pro and no luck anyone else want to give it a shot?
    Sprint Nacv, aTT Nav amd Verizon navigator are all provided by telenav however they require an active CARRIER connection. So SPrint Nav will NOT work on an att device.

You will have to try the alternative GPS software. Waze or nDrive and maybe Bing Maps (not sure if it does real time navigation) There is no google maps on Pre 3.
  15.    #15  
    anybody willing to help me test?
    Doesn't the Pre3 come with some GPS navigation software?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    Sprint Nacv, aTT Nav amd Verizon navigator are all provided by telenav however they require an active CARRIER connection. So SPrint Nav will NOT work on an att device.

You will have to try the alternative GPS software. Waze or nDrive and maybe Bing Maps (not sure if it does real time navigation) There is no google maps on Pre 3.
    Your info is wrong. As I stated above, I've been using Sprint Nav on my Bell Mobile Pre and Unlocked Pre 2 up here in Canada for over a year now.

There is a work around to get service. It requires signing up for Telenav service directly. Once your mobile number is in their system, you can use any device with telenav software as long as your SIM is in the device. The cost to Telenav is the same as it would be to the carriers for Nav service (10 bucks a month) and Telenav would rather you pay them directly then give a cut to the carriers.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    Have you tried a command line install using Novaterm?

I remember having issues when I had my Sprint Nav on my Pre 2 and tried to install the Pre Plus ATT Nav on it as well. The 2 didn't like to play nice together. You might have to get rid of the ATT version.
  19.    #19  
    how do I get rid of the att version?
    I had to use an older version of webosquickinstaller for my frankenpre2 to get SprintNav to install. Do a search on the forums to see how.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast