Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by virseph View Post
    How do you update from 2.20 to 2.2.3? Thanks.
    with the u.s pre 3, i just download it when i check update from the phone. dont know about non u.s pre 3.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    are you logged in? are you saying that with the phone screen is off/standby, you can not recieve skype calls. i cant test this right now as i gave my pre 3 to my wife and i havent activated my own pre 3.
    yea, I have logged in. However, I can't receive any call while the phone on wifi and screen off/standby.

What I mean I can't accept call is that, the phone ring no more than 1 or 2 seconds,it is impossible for me to pickup the phone so quickly. Therefore, what I always see are missed calls from skype.
    Quote Originally Posted by sylau90 View Post
    yea, I have logged in. However, I can't receive any call while the phone on wifi and screen off/standby.

What I mean I can't accept call is that, the phone ring no more than 1 or 2 seconds,it is impossible for me to pickup the phone so quickly. Therefore, what I always see are missed calls from skype.
    Hi Sylau,
    (just to note, next time it would be good to start another topic, if the problem you describing is different, just try to include good problem description in topic's title - it is easier for other people, who will be searching forum some other day and might have the same problem as yours, to find that topic (because their sound quality might be perfect, you know ) - or indeed , when someone have had resolution for your problem, but not for sound quality, he might skip this topic and missed your question altogether)

To summarize Skype call quality issues: in all probability, it seems like version 2.2.0 of the software is the culprit, and installing 2.2.3 solves the "chopping" sound effect in Skype calls. Unfortunately, version 2.2.3 is only available in the US at the moment (or at least, it is not available in Europe, it seems) - so patience is our virtue, unless someone figures out a way to export US 2.2.3 version Skype, and then import it in European phone? Because I am not sure if we can bank our future on webOS team, providing timely updates to existing users (and I don't really blame them, just noting the fact...)

Best regards,
    Last edited by mich.bushi; 10/10/2011 at 04:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mich.bushi View Post
    To summarize Skype call quality issues: in all probability, it seems like version 2.2.0 of the software is the culprit, and installing 2.2.3 solves the "chopping" sound effect in Skype calls. Unfortunately, version 2.2.3 is only available in the US at the moment (or at least, it is not available in Europe, it seems) - so patience is our virtue, unless someone figures out a way to export US 2.2.3 version Skype, and then import it in European phone?
    What is still unknown at this point (at least to me) is whether the Skype application is different (and includes a fix) in webOS 2.2.3 or whether the fix is actually in a different part of webOS (like, for example, a low-level audio subsystem) and the Skype application is the same as in webOS 2.2.0.

Max, who would love to get the choppy sound fixed on his European Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Max, who would love to get the choppy sound fixed on his European Pre 3.
    OK, so the OTA update to 2.2.4 just rolled in. And guess what, Skype sound quality IS really fixed now!

Max
    the chopped sound issue is gone with 2.2.4. Both on my P2 and P3.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    the chopped sound issue is gone with 2.2.4. Both on my P2 and P3.
    confirming that
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12