Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Did anybody else notice this?
    I just got my AT&T Pre3 and when I put it on a TS to charge it, I had trouble feeling the magnetic pull to get it to the right position. So I compared it to my UK Pre 3 and lo and behold, there's a significantly stronger magnetic pull on the UK one.

    This is kind of strange since the magnets are in the TS not the phone.

    Did I just get fluke sample or is this the same with all AT&T Pre 3's?



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by wayne@angrygoat; 10/01/2011 at 05:12 PM.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  2.    #2  
    Ok, I think the back of the AT&T Pre 3 has only one piece of metal to stick to the magnets as opposed to the four pieces it is supposed to have to match the four magnets in the TS.

    Probably just a defect with my particular phone.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  3. #3  
    I just got my AT&T Pre3 today and a Touchstone. My Pre 2 is capable of lifting the Touchstone and requires some effort to separate. My Pre3 can't lift the Touchstone and is easy to pick up.
  4. #4  
    Try swapping covers between your two 3's and see what happens.
    brum likes this.
  5. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #5  
    Mine are the same. Just swap the back covers as that's where the coils and magnets are.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  6. #6  
    I only have the AT&T version of the Pre3 and it does not stick near as well on the Touchstone. Shame because I have vertically mounted Touchstone in the car. Id love to also not have TMC errors all day long. Now I know how Sprint Pre owners feel only three times more so

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  7. #7  
    [QUOTE=vasekvi;3188501]I only have the AT&T version of the Pre3 and it does not stick near as well on the Touchstone. ĤShame because I have vertically mounted Touchstone in the car. Id love to also not have TMC errors all day long. Now I know how Sprint Pre owners feel only three times more so

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using [url=

    Uberkernel will fix that right up.
  8. #8  
    Uberkernel will... I hope. As soon as it becomes actually available.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  9. #9  
    I thought it was in the public feeds by now. It ought to be in beta at least.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Try swapping covers between your two 3's and see what happens.
    That's what I did. But I'm thinking about prying a few of the metal pieces from my old Pre+ back and see if I can shove them into the AT&T Pre3 back.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  11. #11  
    I think because Pre 3 back cover design a bit round, that's why it won't stick as good as at old pre. But I My german Pre 3 can be charged using old touchstone without problem. My tips is, just use hp logo at back cover as a center point to put it on touchstone, so palm logo at touchstone meet with hp logo on back cover, Pre 3 should stick quite good at that position ... hope it helps.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I think because Pre 3 back cover design a bit round, that's why it won't stick as good as at old pre. But I My german Pre 3 can be charged using old touchstone without problem. My tips is, just use hp logo at back cover as a center point to put it on touchstone, so palm logo at touchstone meet with hp logo on back cover, Pre 3 should stick quite good at that position ... hope it helps.
    I guess you didn't read my second post. The back cover for my AT&T Pre 3 is missing three pieces of the metal that's suppose to stick to the magnets in the Touchstone. I found this out by using a magnet on the back. The magnet is only sticking to one point instead of four.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by raymondchiang View Post
    I just got my AT&T Pre3 today and a Touchstone. My Pre 2 is capable of lifting the Touchstone and requires some effort to separate. My Pre3 can't lift the Touchstone and is easy to pick up.
    I like the fact that my pre3 is easy to pick up. Don't want to wrestle with the charger every morning.
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    I like the fact that my pre3 is easy to pick up. Don't want to wrestle with the charger every morning.
    The main problem with just one metal piece to stick to the magnet is that Pre 3 doesn't always stay in the correct alignment with the TS. The top of the TS is sloped and weight of Pre 3 can pull it out of alignment.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    I guess you didn't read my second post. The back cover for my AT&T Pre 3 is missing three pieces of the metal that's suppose to stick to the magnets in the Touchstone. I found this out by using a magnet on the back. The magnet is only sticking to one point instead of four.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Sorry if I didn't read your post.
    So you mean this is somewhat like misproduction? Or all AT&T Pre 3 have this problem?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Sorry if I didn't read your post.
    So you mean this is somewhat like misproduction? Or all AT&T Pre 3 have this problem?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I only have one AT&T Pre 3, so I don't know if it's just mine or if it's the same with all of them. I would imagine that most of them are fine, if not we would have heard a lot of complaints already.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  17. #17  
    I just checked mine on Touchstone. Seems the magnet stick better at center and left side back cover. At right side not so strong. Yes maybe there is a misproduction of Pre 3 back cover.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  18. #18  
    My ATT Pre 3 does not "stick" to the Touchstone as well as my Pre and Pre 2 did. It charges fine but it is a little harder to find the right spot.
  19. #19  
    At least there's none of that dreaded "charger bounce"

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  20. #20  
    I don't think that has anything to do with the AT&T model - unless I'm missing something here.

    My (non-AT&T) Pre3 also is less strongly attached to my TS compared to my Pre-.

    So what?

    It still does the job it's supposed to do. I put my Pre3 on the TS and it sticks. As long as the magnetic pull is enough I don't see why it needs to be stronger than that. TBH the Pre stuck to it a bit much IMHO.

    And on the plus side - I get less (= none) ding-dong problems (Battery charging going on/off repeatedly if it does'nt sit perfectly right on the TS).

    On the whole it behaves better than before.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions