Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    I only have one AT&T Pre 3, so I don't know if it's just mine or if it's the same with all of them. I would imagine that most of them are fine, if not we would have heard a lot of complaints already.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I believe all AT&T Pre3s have this "reduced stick" issue. Mine does.

In another thread on this topic (somewhere on PC), someone said HP was planning another Touchstone design to eliminate this issue, but then the apocalypse came and ... you know.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    In the PC review of the UK Pre3 it was mentioned that the touchstone "bits" were moved around.

http://m.precentral.net/review-hp-pre3

all they were talking about in that review were the electrical contact points; that has nothing to do with the magnetic attachment points.

I too find my AT&T Pre3 to be pretty finicky about how it sits on the touchstone, and no where near as solid as the Pre+.
  4.    #24  
    I don't think that has anything to do with the AT&T model - unless I'm missing something here.

My (non-AT&T) Pre3 also is less strongly attached to my TS compared to my Pre-.

So what?

It still does the job it's supposed to do. I put my Pre3 on the TS and it sticks. As long as the magnetic pull is enough I don't see why it needs to be stronger than that. TBH the Pre stuck to it a bit much IMHO.

And on the plus side - I get less (= none) ding-dong problems (Battery charging going on/off repeatedly if it does'nt sit perfectly right on the TS).

On the whole it behaves better than before.
    well in my case, it wasn't doing its job. The stick was so bad the phone slid out of alignment from its own weight.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    It's also harder to type on it when on the TS when it's wobbling all over. The Veer was rock-solid.

That said, I'm just glad the thing works on my 4 touchstones ... I can deal with the inconveniences.

webOS user since 20090606.
    ^ That's cause the Veer was the same size as the touchstone.

Touchstones are so cheap now, it might be worthwhile to try modifying a touchstone to better fit the shape of the Pre3. Surely the magnetic fix would be stronger if the back of the phone made more complete contact with the touchstone.

The problem is such work would be easier with a spare Pre3 back to work with, and of course we don't have any of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    well in my case, it wasn't doing its job. The stick was so bad the phone slid out of alignment from its own weight.

That sux.

Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Yeah, mine has woken me up in the middle of the night a couple of times to the tune of ding dong..... I am thinking that when I get a notification the vibration is enough to move it from the sweet spot.
    Oh. I have vibration off when sounds are on. I'll try it on vibrate and see if it moves the phone. The pre3 has quite a stronger vibration than the pre2 or pre plus.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Hey everyone what's up? I have 3 touchstones that have been sitting in my draw ever since I got rid of the last of my palm phones on my account. Just the stone,, no usb cords. I want 30 for all 3 together. They are in perfect condition.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    $5 free shipping from Verizon, sorry don't like your chances.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    kar1179 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    $5 free shipping from Verizon, sorry don't like your chances.
    Well you know, i have been out of the palm scene for awhile now. Instead of the snottie reply maybe you could have just explained that to me in a nicer way. I then could have adjusted accordingly.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    Sticks well enough for me to not worry about it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12