1.    #1  
    Since there's no thread about this, thought i'd create one.
    There was a doctor released on the 26th, and then an updated version released on the 29th. I don't know how to quickly diff them (my diff attempts said _all_ files were different), nor know where to find changelogs, but the build is a minor increment higher. (1217 to 1218) Link is in the WOI webOS Doctor versions wiki page. Prior to doctoring, the VzPre3, when it would call to activate, would just blank the screen and never bring it back. This fixes that and possibly more. Some are reporting their MEIDs are in Verizon's database, others that they're not, it's odd. (There are also in-between cases that we won't talk about!)
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    My MEID is in VZW's database, or at least I was able to activate mine. {Jonathan}
    I bought a Pre3 off of Ebay and was able to get Verizon to activate the phone on my our business account but I was never able to make a call and while the webos acct screen came up, it never connected. No signal bars. I was told by HP that these phones were sold to HP employees and there is apparently a special activation for them. I was advised to send my phone back and get my money back. My seller is more than willing to send me another one. Is is a)defective; b) BS from HP or c) will this web dr do the trick.
    It can't hurt to try out the latest doctor. I'd do it.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    It should work after you Dr it to the latest is version. Worked for me and others have said the same thing'

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I'm very happy to report that I'm up and running and thrilled!!! Thanks.
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    I have a Pre2 what do I do when I buy a Pre3? I know I have to doctor it but do I cancel my Pre2 or just go ahead and activate the Pre3. New to this
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    if your pre2 is not in airplane mode, as soon as you sign into synergy with the 3, the 2 will be erased. best to put it in airplane mode prior to turning on, and activating, the 3. This will allow you to access the data on the old phone, in the event there are issues when you set up the new one.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    and whatever you do, back up all your non-Synergy data files before you wipe your Pre2, which I didn't! :< (lol, shoulda known better, but the one non-synergy file that mattered is the one I forgot as I was too excited to finally activate my new Verizon Pre3, and now I have to recreate my pregnant moms list).
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaw View Post
    I bought a Pre3 off of Ebay and was able to get Verizon to activate the phone on my our business account but I was never able to make a call and while the webos acct screen came up, it never connected. No signal bars. I was told by HP that these phones were sold to HP employees and there is apparently a special activation for them. I was advised to send my phone back and get my money back. My seller is more than willing to send me another one. Is is a)defective; b) BS from HP or c) will this web dr do the trick.
    I had this happen with my Pre2 today after I swapped phone#'s from it to my Pre3. The Verizon store guy who did it all for me called Verizon tech support, and they reset the PRL for the phone, and voila! seconds later, it was up and working.

So maybe try calling Verizon tech support and having them check on their end the phone settings and resetting it there.

PS - my new Verizon Pre3 that I got off eBay from a similar source to yours no doubt, is up and working great!