Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21  
    Now I have a bunch of AT&T branded crap clogging up my phone, like a stupid ringtone, an extra boot screen, YPmobile... and well, if I do need nav, I can get raped by AT&T for it if I can't figure out Navit one of these days.
  2. #22  
    I called a couple days ago and they were very paranoid about my device... (I'm telling them it's an HP tablet because I'm trying to get on the 25$ 2gb plan.)

    They would not reprovision it because every time they would put me on hold and look into why my device info is not showing up. I'm fed up and doctoring now. will report success.

    Update: not seeing the H+ after a doctor.
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 10/08/2011 at 01:07 AM.
  3. #23  
    Just did a speed test on my Pre 3 that only indicates 3g. I got 6.52mbps down and 1.02 up. Do these speeds indicate I'm actually on h+? Or is it hard to tell?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Just did a speed test on my Pre 3 that only indicates 3g. I got 6.52mbps down and 1.02 up. Do these speeds indicate I'm actually on h+? Or is it hard to tell?
    I'm still convinced the H+ is cosmetic. One person reported a Veer on Telstra with 3G indicated got 9Mbps.

    6Mbps is ball park in real life usage for a device rated at 14.4Mbps.
  5. #25  
    i always have 3G i never saw H+
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I called a couple days ago and they were very paranoid about my device... (I'm telling them it's an HP tablet because I'm trying to get on the 25$ 2gb plan.)

    They would not reprovision it because every time they would put me on hold and look into why my device info is not showing up. I'm fed up and doctoring now. will report success.

    Update: not seeing the H+ after a doctor.
    *sigh* Hate to say it, but try calling again... and again... and again... until you get the (rare) competent AT&T employee. Most of them see the phone info and start panicking about it being "unsupported" and wanting to get out of the situation ASAP.
  7. 02589's Avatar
    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
       #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I called a couple days ago and they were very paranoid about my device... (I'm telling them it's an HP tablet because I'm trying to get on the 25$ 2gb plan.)

    They would not reprovision it because every time they would put me on hold and look into why my device info is not showing up. I'm fed up and doctoring now. will report success.

    Update: not seeing the H+ after a doctor.
    Dan, after you doctored, did you get the Mobil Hotspot, ATT Navigator, and YP mobile apps?

    The reason I ask is that I did not have those when I was getting 3G only, and verified 4g sim card, provision, and data plan. I had those after the doctor and H+ reappeared.

    H+ speed is certainly faster than the 3G I was getting.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhime View Post
    *sigh* Hate to say it, but try calling again... and again... and again... until you get the (rare) competent AT&T employee. Most of them see the phone info and start panicking about it being "unsupported" and wanting to get out of the situation ASAP.
    Yep. Totally agreed. Call again until you get someone who is confident that they know what they're doing and confident that they've got you properly provisioned. Remember, if they didn't ask for and input your IMEI, then it ain't going to work. So, have it ready either from the box or the device settings app.
  9. #29  
    Had a Pre 2 activated on ATT.
    Purchased a Pre 3.
    Took SIM from Pre 2 and placed into Pre 3.
    Called ATT to activate 4G on Pre 3.
    Gave them my Pre 3 IEME # and SIM #.
    Took them awhile, but got 4G activated on Pre 3.
    Pre 3 was showing 3G; now is showing H+.
    Very Happy.
    The End.
  10. dale46's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Dan, after you doctored, did you get the Mobil Hotspot, ATT Navigator, and YP mobile apps?

    The reason I ask is that I did not have those when I was getting 3G only, and verified 4g sim card, provision, and data plan. I had those after the doctor and H+ reappeared.

    H+ speed is certainly faster than the 3G I was getting.
    I called the csr and he indicated my phone was provisioned for 4G; but, I have no success achieving the H+ indicator or the increased speeds promised.

    In my phone preferences, under network type, my phone indicates 2G, 3G or automatic.
    Does this indicate that the sim is not programmed for H+?

    I do not have the Navigator or Yellow Pages for AT&T.
    Did you use the AT&T doctor 2.20 or the Unlocked doctor 2.23? My model indicates Unlocked.
    Last edited by Dale46; 10/10/2011 at 02:33 PM.
  11. #31  
    This is all so confusing. This is my plan to activate a Pre 3 on the cheap ($60 a month) with unlimited talk, text and data and still get H+:
    1. Walk into an ATT store and buy an off contract prepaid SIM with 450 mins and 2GB data plan for $65 (actually walking into a store appears to be the only way to get an off contract, low minute plan like this)
    2. Activate
    3. Have device provisioned for 4G OTA using IEME# & SIM#
    4. Use 2.2.3 webOS ATT doctor available here [url]
    5. Use ATT till this SIM is done (30 days from activation)
    6. Walk into Best Buy and purchase H2O SIM with Unlimited plan for $9.99 and activate for $60 a month
    7. Insert SIM and enjoy H+ Unlimited everything* @ $60 a month, no extra taxes, charges or fees.
    * [url]
    Anyone care to chime in with advice? The info here in the forums seems to support this all should work, providing the phone is originally provisioned for H+ on ATT. I will post results here as they happen. I don't even have the Pre 3 from ebay yet, but expect it within a week. This might not be worth it if the speed and data caps don't match up.
    [url]
    [url]
    Last edited by matteebee13; 10/10/2011 at 03:56 PM.
  12. 02589's Avatar
    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
       #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    I called the csr and he indicated my phone was provisioned for 4G; but, I have no success achieving the H+ indicator or the increased speeds promised.

    In my phone preferences, under network type, my phone indicates 2G, 3G or automatic.
    Does this indicate that the sim is not programmed for H+?

    I do not have the Navigator or Yellow Pages for AT&T.
    Did you use the AT&T doctor 2.20 or the Unlocked doctor 2.23? My model indicates Unlocked.
    I used the doctor from the HP website. My phone shows 2.2.3
    I think the Navigator and other programs are a clue that you have software that is blessed for AT&T H+
  13. akshunj's Avatar
    Posts
    379 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmantesla View Post
    Had a Pre 2 activated on ATT.
    Purchased a Pre 3.
    Took SIM from Pre 2 and placed into Pre 3.
    Called ATT to activate 4G on Pre 3.
    Gave them my Pre 3 IEME # and SIM #.
    Took them awhile, but got 4G activated on Pre 3.
    Pre 3 was showing 3G; now is showing H+.
    Very Happy.
    The End.
    What number did you call? 611 or one of the 800 number? Did you ask for any specific department?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    What number did you call? 611 or one of the 800 number? Did you ask for any specific department?
    My phone is part of a business plan so I called the ATT business line.
    Sorry I could help you out on that.
    I would just call any number and tell them that you want the 4G smartphone plan for your phone; that is basically what she said my plan was.
  15. #35  
    MAGICMANTESLA, quick question for you (or anyone who may know the answer)...

    I'm on a business plan as well and am still trying to get my Pre 3 setup with H+ as well. I have been through multiple calls with AT&T with no luck. I got a new 4G sim and it's updated in their system. However, when trying to update my IMEI # in their system, they get an error that states, "smartphone enterprise data plan is not compatible..."

    I know there are other people in the office with Faux G phones that show the H+ symbol (not sure if they're getting the right speeds though?). I put my new sim in an atrix 4G here at work and it showed the H+ symbol. Any ideas why my IMEI # will not update in their system? I assume that is why my phone is not showing H+

    Thank you in advance for any help that is offered...


    Quote Originally Posted by magicmantesla View Post
    My phone is part of a business plan so I called the ATT business line.
    Sorry I could help you out on that.
    I would just call any number and tell them that you want the 4G smartphone plan for your phone; that is basically what she said my plan was.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions