Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By jsabo
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts

Not pictured-- the 650 and 700 that I had through work.
    laoh, andyt95, Soorma and 5 others like this.
    So are you still with sprint? What are you gonna do with your pre3?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I haven't turned off my Pre- yet, but that hour draws nigh. Might even cut it this weekend.

Planning on sticking with the prepaid AT&T for a couple more months until it's 100% certain that they're not going to free the 16GB models (mine's an 8GB UK), then commit to a contract-- I hate the idea that sending a single text might wind up costing me $2
    good God man. You saved the boxes? Yeah you're an addict. If it's any consolation. I'm addicted to coffee and loose women in stilettos.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Wow, it's so great to see the evolution of Palm in such a way... The Pre line still reminds me of the old Pilot, with the round icons...

Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    I haven't turned off my Pre- yet, but that hour draws nigh. Might even cut it this weekend.
    It's an emotional experience :') I cut off my HTC Hero yesterday, 11 days after I got my Pre 3 in the post... I just couldn't turn it off, it'd been with me for 3 years. Hell, sometimes I still go through the Hero's forums over at XDA, just to look through the development threads. I even boot it into recovery to flash ROMs I never tried... Never reboot though, just leave it there in recovery, plugged into my USB port like a person on Life-Support.
    Nokia 1110 ---------> S-E J300i ---> HTC Touch ------> HTC Hero --------------> HP Pre 3

Pretty funny to see how big the old cell phone boxes were. Their bigger than the TouchPad!!
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    That PDQ was a freakin brick. I was carrying a Sony phone that was Veer-sized, although almost an inch thick, before I got the PDQ, and it took a lot to get used to it.

Discovered that my Pre3 fits in the same holder as my old 600/650/700, so I've been cheap and using that-- a little weird having the larger phone again, but so worth it.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    good God man. You saved the boxes? Yeah you're an addict.
    I tend to hold onto boxes for a month or so, just in case I need to send something back, and with the PDQ, it wound up going into storage instead of getting tossed. Then it just became a thing after that point...
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    where is veer!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    good God man. You saved the boxes? Yeah you're an addict. If it's any consolation. I'm addicted to coffee and loose women in stilettos.
    Addiction? Sounds like a health regimen to me.
    you know theres help for addiction...i don't want to see you living in a cardboard box with a generator to feed your habit
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    I don't have the collection you do, but I would love to dig out my handspring to compliment my webOS devices for a photo
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I thought it was perfectly normal to keep the boxes? =)
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    I usually keep boxes too. Unfortunately, i don't have the boxes for my phones.

I went the following route

Nokia 6620-> iphone 3G -> ATT Tilt -> Sprint Pre -> Epic 4G = ATT Pre Plus -> ATT Veer -> EVo 3D -> ATT Pre 3

All ATT phones are on Pre-paid for travel and CDMA phones are for home. I had feature phones before Nokia.
    A year ago, I took some pictures with all my Palm stuff (one is the avatar image here for me), and even the boxes for various handspring modules and cd's... Its hard to tell in the little photo, but those phones are actually sitting on a stack about a foot high and several feet across.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.