1.    #1  
    Been using my Pre 3 for the past 4 days and have been loving the experience so far. However got my first scare, a few minutes ago. Was playing with it, then plugged in the microUSB cable (connected to my MacMini) and the phone went kaput. It did not respond to the power button nor to any of the keypresses.

Disconnected the cable, did a battery-pull and was able to boot after that. Things seem okay after this, but definitely was a gut-wrenching scare.

Anybody else face this?

P.S: Mine was a EU Pre 3 bought in UK (from CPW)
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Did you try toggling the sound / mute switch a few times while holding the power button down?

I've got a UK Pre 3 and it locks up (screen off, non-responsive) from time to time. My brother's locks up a lot more frequently than mine. But holding the power button and toggling that switch will reboot.

Haven't found the cause yet... using it on T-Mobile in the U.S.
    I got several experience Pre 3 black screen and crashed because install old game that not supported on Pre 3. Press & hold power button, slide mute button on off several times. It goes soft reset. None should be scared of
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    Did you try toggling the sound / mute switch a few times while holding the power button down?

I've got a UK Pre 3 and it locks up (screen off, non-responsive) from time to time. My brother's locks up a lot more frequently than mine. But holding the power button and toggling that switch will reboot.

Haven't found the cause yet... using it on T-Mobile in the U.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I got several experience Pre 3 black screen and crashed because install old game that not supported on Pre 3. Press & hold power button, slide mute button on off several times. It goes soft reset. None should be scared of
    Thank you. Things have been good so far.

But if it ever happens again, it sure would be easier for me to use the soft reset method that you have suggested, than to pull out the battery.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    This has happened to me several times before, I don't know what causes it though.