Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    i have the jar file from the unlocked pre3 link here.

    Pre 3
    HSTNH-F30CE: W3RE1XXXXXXX (Pre 3 Unlocked - Europe network - ROW)


    i notice however the part showing the serial number.

    W3RE1XXXXXXX

    does everything preceeding the xxxxx's HAVE to match, because my pre3's # starts as.

    W3NE1XXXXXXX

    mine contains NE instead of RE, id just like to check everything must match before i even try to update to the newer firmware as i just cant upgrade from 3165, and doctoring is my only method seemingly available to upgrade at present.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i have the jar file from the unlocked pre3 link here.

    Pre 3
    HSTNH-F30CE: W3RE1XXXXXXX (Pre 3 Unlocked - Europe network - ROW)


    i notice however the part showing the serial number.

    W3RE1XXXXXXX

    does everything preceeding the xxxxx's HAVE to match, because my pre3's # starts as.

    W3NE1XXXXXXX

    mine contains NE instead of RE, id just like to check everything must match before i even try to update to the newer firmware as i just cant upgrade from 3165, and doctoring is my only method seemingly available to upgrade at present.
    Mine starts with W3NE1 as well (bought from CPW) and I was able to successfully upgrade from 3165 to 3171 build. I used the EU doctor link available from WebOS Internals website.
  3.    #3  
    your a legend, cheers.

    EDIT: All sorted/installed (i think!, the firmware version doesnt actually show in the device info now).
    Last edited by geekpeter; 10/01/2011 at 04:52 PM.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    your a legend, cheers.

    EDIT: All sorted/installed (i think!, the firmware version doesnt actually show in the device info now).
    Thanks. Once you goto Device Info, there would be a row which says "Version" under the group "Phone". It should be showing HP webOS 2.2.0. Touch on that row and it should toggle to show the build number (3171).
  5.    #5  
    ah n1, yeah its there, i can install the uberkernel now and deal with the tmc issue (i never had it neways tho).

    was mroe the fact some of my patches didnt feel like they were working as my battery was back to draining as if it was stock again.

    EDIT: got UKernel on, and my old patches and im back to using virtually no battery overnight with modeswitcher etc, before the update it was consuming more than 45% of my battery overnight on aeroplane mode on, guessing updated patches didnt like my 3165 kernel.

    now after the update all is well again.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ah n1, yeah its there, i can install the uberkernel now and deal with the tmc issue (i never had it neways tho).

    was mroe the fact some of my patches didnt feel like they were working as my battery was back to draining as if it was stock again.

    EDIT: got UKernel on, and my old patches and im back to using virtually no battery overnight with modeswitcher etc, before the update it was consuming more than 45% of my battery overnight on aeroplane mode on, guessing updated patches didnt like my 3165 kernel.

    now after the update all is well again.
    Cool, good to know that. Whenever I see an unusual drain in my Pre3's battery, I use the JSTop application (available in Preware), to see which application is taking up more memory / service handles - something akin to the Task Manager in Windows.
  7.    #7  
    does JSTop work properly and accuratly on the pre3, noticed its not been updated in a year or so.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
    Cool, good to know that. Whenever I see an unusual drain in my Pre3's battery, I use the JSTop application (available in Preware), to see which application is taking up more memory / service handles - something akin to the Task Manager in Windows.
    Is there a guide to using JSTop? I have several questions that I would like to have an answer to.

    1. What are 'Nodes' & 'Handles'?
    2. What does 'Auto GC' do?
    3. What happens if you swipe and delete an app listed in JSTop?
    4. How does one figure out if an app is leaking memory on the Pre3?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  9.    #9  
    good questions, at first glance, even if i see something listed at the top of both options, how would you know thats not normal and unnatural esp if its 1 of the stock apps / features listed.

Posting Permissions