Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Can someome explain how to get wifi only pre 3 working.....becuase i could never ger my palm profile to work.
    Does anyone have any updated information about this thread. I am VERY interested! It would be about what I pay on my family plan on Sprint and I would get the pre 3 to go along with my touchpad!
  3.    #23  
    As of today, I have only converted my Sprint Pre- to be a Google Voice phone number. I wanted to try the Pre3 right away, so I got a SIM card with a regular AT&T voice and data plan for now, to test things out. Still carrying both phones, but will add the Pre3's new phone number to my Google Voice ring list, and perhaps start leaving the Pre- at home. Of course, calls made from my Pre3 show the new number on other people's caller ID, so that is a negative. I just installed Skype on the Pre3, and will do some testing on that over the weekend.

Not sure if there is some combination of Google Voice, Skype, and/or something else that would allow me to have just the Pre3 with a data-only plan, using Google Voice to push my number to the Pre3 in some manner.

Will report any interesting results!

Matt
    I am going to try the data only plan after work today. I will do the same as Matt.

Matt
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 500vdc View Post
    As of today, I have only converted my Sprint Pre- to be a Google Voice phone number. I wanted to try the Pre3 right away, so I got a SIM card with a regular AT&T voice and data plan for now, to test things out. Still carrying both phones, but will add the Pre3's new phone number to my Google Voice ring list, and perhaps start leaving the Pre- at home. Of course, calls made from my Pre3 show the new number on other people's caller ID, so that is a negative. I just installed Skype on the Pre3, and will do some testing on that over the weekend.

Not sure if there is some combination of Google Voice, Skype, and/or something else that would allow me to have just the Pre3 with a data-only plan, using Google Voice to push my number to the Pre3 in some manner.

Will report any interesting results!

Matt
    if you go into the google voice setting you should be able to set up call forwarding on a reg ATT plan so your google voice number will show up when you call someone *004*{googlevoice}#.........sadly that is not the case with H20 the provider I picked but great thing about month to month is I will try another.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Are you using Voogle 3.0 to text and what not?
    Yeah
    So, if anyone can give me the IMEI number from a android tablet with a SIM card I can report my findings from At&t plus the 2gb 25$ tablet data only plan
    I have tried almost EVERYTHING short of faking an IMEI number and AT&T won't give the $25 tablet data plan to a phone is my conclusion. I spent the last 2 hours either on the phone with AT&T or in an actual store (usually with the person on the phone) and no one can give me anything besides the $60 a month, 5Gb plan on the Pre 3. I hate feeling defeated by a system, but man, AT&T is a solid opponent. Does anyone have any out-of-the-box ideas? Is there any way to change IMEI numbers in the database or assign it a tablet designation instead of a voice device? They wouldn't even credit my balance for the minutes I wouldn't be using.
  9.    #29  
    Skype installed easily, and is available on my phone accounts page on the Pre3. I found this information on the Skype site:

Skype on your webOS HP device supports:

Skype-to-Skype calling
    Skype video calling
    Calling landlines and mobiles (requires a little Skype Credit or a subscription)
    Participating in conference calls
    Skype SMS (requires a little Skype Credit)
    Instant messaging
    Group instant messaging
    Adding and removing contacts

Features that are not supported:

Voicemail
    Call forwarding
    Receiving calls to Online Numbers
    Sending files
    Purchasing Skype Credit and other products

Link

Hmm...I assume the unsupported voicemail is referring to Skype voicemail. I do not have "a little Skype credit" yet...will have to do some experimenting.

Pinball Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by 500vdc View Post

Skype on your webOS HP device supports:

Skype SMS (requires a little Skype Credit)

Features that are not supported:
    Receiving calls to Online Numbers
    I don't think SMS is possible. I've looked around and don't see a way to sms with skype. Don't rly care though because it's ******** expensive.

I have an online number setup and I receive calls just fine. Only problem is I get no caller ID even though the number is in my address book. I do see caller ID if the caller is using skype to call me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12