1.    #1  
    So I just got my Pre3 in the mail. Now that it has Bing maps I cannot use latitude. As soon as all the apps finish installing I will install Preware and Latitude Updater. But trying the link that used to launch Google Maps results in an error. The phone tries to load the friend list and the maps but is unable to do so. Perhaps Latitude is one of the things we have to give up for having a Pre3.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Did you find a solution for this yet, since everyone might have to upgrade to Bing soon
    I've been playing with the latitude updater app, and it seems to update my location ok. It can't pull up my friends locations though, and that's even with the google maps app installed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  4.    #4  
    Yes its a shame. The latitude updater works great. But no way to pull up friends list. It has to be possible though. The Trapster app accesses google maps and it still functions on the pre3. I hope someone can come up with a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    I've been playing with the latitude updater app, and it seems to update my location ok. It can't pull up my friends locations though, and that's even with the google maps app installed.

What google maps app?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    What google maps app?
    I was assuming he was referring to the Google Latitude app in preware that launches the Latitude link.

I was curious, I saw mention of an iPhone spoof from a while back. Is this a possible path with the pre3?

I actually pulled the google maps app from my veer and put it on my Pre3. The browser can't properly use it to open latitude links though, so it doesn't open the friends list successfully.