1.    #1  
    hey guys,

Anyone own a Pre 3 and using on the UK 3 network.
    Everything seems to work fine with one exception. Unable to send MMS. Now.... had a quick look on here this afternoon and read about the carrierdb.json file, using excel to open it, I see the three.co.uk line and it has the correct settings on that particular line so am a bit mystified as to why its not sending.

When trying, I am trying with wifi on, wifi off, on but not connected. All I get is,'service not activated on network).

I can receive MMS pictures fine from the missus. The only thing I can think of is the pics taken are too large for sending by MMS and if so, are there resolution settings for the camera.

cheers for any and all help guys

ps. Not hugely fussed if I can't do it as i'd email them instead ( would cost me less as MMS are charged on three but I have the One plan so no internet limits at all.....
    Last edited by andymckay2001; 09/29/2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: forgot something
  2.    #2  
    anyone? have tried the settings on their website to no avail. I also requested a text message with the settings on well over an hour ago and nowt!.
    If anyone has one in the uk please try a 3 simcard in it and see what happens please
    hm, i just came back from London yesterday and was using three as well. too bad i would have tested it earlier. i know when i put a 3 sim in an android device the APN for MMS is separate, and was not enabled by default. i'm not sure how to access the APN information on a WebOS device [since the SIM toolkit doesnt work for Three], does anyone know how?
  4.    #4  
    getting to the manual settings is easy, its the settings that aren't working. Got the missus to send me an mms this morning and I received that fine. Just can't send one. Aaarrrggghhh.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I had this issue with 3, although on a different phone. I think I got some settings sent to the phone from 3 and that sorted it, a bit vague I know but it sorted my issue out.
  6.    #6  
    I'll nip into the three store later but not holding out much hope as don't think they ever did a pre handset
    Hi

Just wanted to check if you had had any luck with getting MMS to work on your pre 3. I'm trying to get it to work on mine and nothing so far.

Joe
    Got mine sorted out with Swisscom. It seems there is something hidden in the system file. Dial 0800800800 and see if it is your local operator's helpline. In my case, it connects to BT, even though the phone was bought in Germany. Deactivate International Call in your phone preference and try again. If you hear your local operator's voice, then you're on the right place. MMS should work normally, because if it is hooked in a secret way to a foreign operator, MMS settings can't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by loxpanpan View Post
    Got mine sorted out with Swisscom. It seems there is something hidden in the system file. Dial 0800800800 and see if it is your local operator's helpline. In my case, it connects to BT, even though the phone was bought in Germany. Deactivate International Call in your phone preference and try again. If you hear your local operator's voice, then you're on the right place. MMS should work normally, because if it is hooked in a secret way to a foreign operator, MMS settings can't work.
    I tried disabling international calling but still not luck, still getting "Service not activated on network" but if I put my sim in another phone it works fine. Guess I'll have to talk to Three and see if they have a solution.
    Did you guys manage to fix this issue? I am still having the same problem without any solution...
    Perhaps you have to activate the MMS service with three? I remember having to do this with my old Treo on O2.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I had the same problem on a Pre 2 on Three. I think it's the message size that causes the problem because if I display the photo then do a screen capture, I can then MMS the result.
    I have the same problem. The same error message is received: 'service not activated on the network'. This is very strange because not all MMS fail, some are sent out/received.
    i have a hp pre3 on vodafone and have only just realised i cannot receive or send pic messaged. so this isnt just a 3 thing, its a pre3 thing. did anyone figure it out?
    When I had my Pre 2 I was not able to get MMS to work until I found out a fix, maybe you can reference it here from my post.

Bell MMS Fixed!

Try setting it up manually referencing my post above (just replace the Bell MMS info with your carrier)
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->