1.    #1  
    So I asked my friend that lives in the bay area to buy an AT&T Pre3 from a guy on CL (there's a bunch out there now). He just got it. I'll get the phone when he visit my city this weekend.

I currently use a Pre- on sprint so I do have a palm profile, but I don't have an ATT account. However my friend has an iphone on ATT. Can he just log in using my palm profile and his SIM just to test it out?

I am not ready to retire my Pre- yet so are there any adverse effects from using my profile on the Pre3 or is it harmless?

Just wanted to know all the quirks, nuances, or warnings before going any further. Thanks.
    whatever you do dont let him sign into your account !! if you want to test the phone out use a new email address . if you sign into your account and go from 1.4.5 to 2.2.3 you very well could lose all your stuff if you try to go back from 2.2.3 to 1.4.5 . just sayin its not advised. your pre- will be deleted as soon as its connected to service immediately if you sign into the same account with the pre3
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the warning!! I am definitely not going to take any chances.
    Can my friend just use his junk email address and sign in with his SIM (is it going to have any affect on his ATT SIM or his account?) It's not unlocked (yet).

When I get the phone, I can just doctor it and run it anew...
  4.    #4  
    Also, my friend has a Touchpad. Can he just use that profile to log in? For testing purposes only.
    yes you can have a touchpad and pre separately simultaneously on your palm profile. But is you go from a pre with 1.4.x up to to one with 2.x, you cannot go back to 1.4.x without losing a bunch of stuff, like I am noticing with my spare Pre Plus when I sold my Pre2 as I wait for my ATT Pre3 to arrive