Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Hi,


    is there a way to overwrite an AT&T Pre3 with the UK Doctor to get access to moer languages? AT&T only offers English and Spanish, while UK should offer a handful of European languages, like it does on the Pre2.

    The hardware should be pretty much the same, so can I force the UK doctor?
    sthones
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by sthones View Post
    Hi,


    is there a way to overwrite an AT&T Pre3 with the UK Doctor to get access to moer languages? AT&T only offers English and Spanish, while UK should offer a handful of European languages, like it does on the Pre2.

    The hardware should be pretty much the same, so can I force the UK doctor?
    sthones
    If you impersonate( Pre 3 Impersonation - WebOS Internals), you can get Deutsch, English, Espanol, French, and Italian. If you need any help, tell me. I wrote that wiki and it should be fairly easy to follow.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    If you impersonate( Pre 3 Impersonation - WebOS Internals), you can get Deutsch, English, Espanol, French, and Italian. If you need any help, tell me. I wrote that wiki and it should be fairly easy to follow.
    Thanks for the help... If you doctor an AT&T Pre 3 to UK, will it still pick up 4G?

    Thank you.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by zachthemaster View Post
    Thanks for the help... If you doctor an AT&T Pre 3 to UK, will it still pick up 4G?

    Thank you.
    I think so. But the icon not show H+, but only 3G.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I think so. But the icon not show H+, but only 3G.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Good, thank you. There's a tweak for that icon to show in Preware.
  6. daletorr's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #6  
    freether does not work properly with att pre3 but does it work well with an ATT PRE3+UK Doctor?

    with att pre3, wifi freetether wud only work ONCE.. then if you exit freetether and run it again, wifi won't work anymore.. so you have to restart it.

    i'm thinking of doctoring it (my ATT Pre3) using Pre3 UK doctor and use freetether, n see what happens.. have you guys tried this?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by zachthemaster View Post
    Thanks for the help... If you doctor an AT&T Pre 3 to UK, will it still pick up 4G?

    Thank you.
    Sorry for my confusion, but is the link obsolete?. I do not understand if the steps to doctor an AT&T Pre 3 to European Pre 3 are still valid or if there is another way to do that. Thanks in advance.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sans21 View Post
    Sorry for my confusion, but is the link obsolete?. I do not understand if the steps to doctor an AT&T Pre 3 to European Pre 3 are still valid or if there is another way to do that. Thanks in advance.
    Why do you want to flash EU onto an AT&T? From my understanding, doing this incorrectly can cause a handful of problems.

    I built my own Meta Doctor (there are instructions on this forum) using the AT&T doctor, and after removing a couple of AT&T specific files, I noticed a lot more language choice that wasn't previously there. Personally I would think that is a preferential solution to running EU firmware on an AT&T device.
    [ everythingsablur ]

    Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)

Posting Permissions