Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By caecus
  1.    #1  
    Having recently changed my AT&T Pre 3 to the Euro version in order to be able to doctor and get the newest build for the sake of Sconix patch compatibility, I just noticed that the official AT&T Pre 3 doctor is available. Hilarious irony aside, if anyone could point me in the right direction to revert back; would be greatly appreciated.

Now please keep in mind that I'm not exactly savvy with the inner workings of webOS and was only able to get this far due to the robust and passionate homebrew community as well as well written step by step instructions in the wikis. To put this into perspective, I've never used linux, plus I'm an *****, yet was able to convert over to the Euro version from the wiki alone.

Now, if you look at the page here, you'll note that it states: "This is your backup in case you make a mistake or ever want to revert the device to a 16GB AT&T Pre 3 again." Giving me hope that it is indeed possible to revert back. Would there happen to be a way to easily apply the original tokens (I don't even know if what I'm saying makes any technical sense) to revert back?

And just in case someone was considering just attempting to doctor with the newly released official AT&T Pre 3 doctor, I've actually tried and it won't allow, claiming that I don't have a compatible version. Must chuckle at the hilariousness of, in essence, wanting to impersonate an AT&T Pre 3, that's impersonating an Euro Pre 3, so that I can stop impersonating myself.

Any insight on the matter would be appreciated. Thank you and have a nice day.

Regards,
    Yes, it is very easy to do so. As the writer of the Wiki, I can assure you that all you have to do is repeat the same exact steps but instead of pasting in the EU Pre3 tokens, you should now paste in the newly listed ATT tokens!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  3.    #3  
    Soorma,

First off, thank you for your work on the wikis, they are most informative! And second, that's excellent news. Now just to make sure I don't mess things up, for the section I made the meta-doctor, and put in the new values in the .xml file, I just paste in the token I mailed myself? Because the tokens I mailed myself doesn't quite look similar at all. In fact, towards the end of email there are about 6~7 lines consisting of mostly: ArrGHAAAAHWWWWHSA (Like a dying emu perhaps?).

So if I am indeed to copy and paste the emailed original token in the new .xml file, after that is all said and done, I just re-flash it with the new AT&T Pre 3 doctor? Sorry if some (or all) of these questions seem stupid, it's mainly because I don't know anything ha ha. Thank you again for your time and have a nice day.

Regards,
    No, that token was a FULL backup, some of them we did not even need. In that Wiki, if you scroll to the bottom, those are the ATT tokens you need! Good luck!
  5.    #5  
    Soorma,

Thank you for your patience and help. It worked like a charm. Granted Sconix's patches aren't working again, but now that the official doctor is out, I'm sure the support will come.

Regards,

P.S. I really hope that you added that bottom bit of the wiki after I posted this, since otherwise I'll just look like a lazy ****** ha ha. I could have sworn I re-read the entire wiki several times before deciding to make my first post here.
    Quote Originally Posted by caecus View Post
    Soorma,
    P.S. I really hope that you added that bottom bit of the wiki after I posted this, since otherwise I'll just look like a lazy ****** ha ha. I could have sworn I re-read the entire wiki several times before deciding to make my first post here.
    Actually, yes, somebody did add those tokens (most likely Rod), so you were definitely right.
  7.    #7  
    Soorma,

Well thank you and Rod as well. Glad everything worked out . Not to be a ****** or anything, but stuff like this, is what made being in a non-existent line outside of Best Buy at 5 AM to grab my Pre Minus, and sticking with that until I picked up a Pre 3 ultimately worthwhile. Sure the OS is great, but the community is definitely one of the best I've seen in any field of interest. Thanks again!

Regards,

Why "fan" + "boy" was censored is beyond me. But first clarification was in order, lest I came off as a "rap" + "ist"!
    Last edited by caecus; 09/28/2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: The censored word was - "fan" + "boy"
    Soorma likes this.
    Wow I am kind of glad I didnt get my Pre3 yet for ATT. Tomorrow....