1. i3
    Hey all...
    having a funny problem with the pre3. For some reason, it has stopped notifying me completely of any incoming text messages, i have to manually go to inbox, and see there are new messages waiting there. It appears to notify me fine still for emails, but not, sms. also, i have tried to mute the charge and low-batt notifications from system sounds, but they still sound.
    what is going on???
    This might sound daft, but I have to ask... have you restarted the phone?

Also, have you read all your text messages? I believe I had a similar problem once, but it fixed itself.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. Several restarts didn't help.

I uninstalled some patches and restarted a few times and the notifications came back. The patches I uninstalled were Advanced System Behaviour, Advanced System Prefs Framework, Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs, Really Silent Ringer Switch. I had no reason to remove these patches except that they were the only ones that I could see that I had installed and that had any potential to be linked to the problem (i.e. I didn't expect patches relating to the Exhibition Mode Clock would have much potential for impact!). I have since reinstalled all the patches again and the phone is fine again - well, I've installed all but the Really Silent Ringer Switch as I actually decided that I didn't want that functionallity. I have no idea if any of these patches are linked in any way to the problem or the fix, but that is what I did and the problem is now gone.

It could just be that in the process of doing all that I did many luna and full restarts and that was all that was required...
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    Hey all...
    having a funny problem with the pre3. For some reason, it has stopped notifying me completely of any incoming text messages, i have to manually go to inbox, and see there are new messages waiting there. It appears to notify me fine still for emails, but not, sms. also, i have tried to mute the charge and low-batt notifications from system sounds, but they still sound.
    what is going on???
    Hey mate,did you installed the advanced system prefs for messaging by sconix??if yes,then please uninstall it,then both your messaging (sms/skype) blink,notification and sound will back.

I having this frustrating problem this morning too,then try to google it.Lastly, I found this solution and it works....the only issue i think is the advanced system prefs still not yet fully done by sconix,maybe we should wait for the next realease.
  5. i3
    Quote Originally Posted by sylau90 View Post
    Hey mate,did you installed the advanced system prefs for messaging by sconix??if yes,then please uninstall it,then both your messaging (sms/skype) blink,notification and sound will back.

I having this frustrating problem this morning too,then try to google it.Lastly, I found this solution and it works....the only issue i think is the advanced system prefs still not yet fully done by sconix,maybe we should wait for the next realease.
    thanks! uninstalled that patch and ll fine now
    Thanks for the thread! I didn't even realize the notifications didn't work. I just thought I had missed them.